Question About Azamax In Dtw Coco

• Thread starter ClassV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClassV

ClassV

I'm working on an issue with fungus gnats. I'm in coco, hand watering every day, DTW. I did not mix the Azamax with the nutrient solution. How long after a root drench with Azamax should I wait before feeding the plants again? I'm concerned that watering too runoff might disturb the process of the Azamax if I do it to soon.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Edited for Clarification: Moderators, if this would be better suited to the Cannabis Infirmary Forum please feel free to move it.

Last edited:
jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

azamax kills on contact, no? I cant remember...but iv always resumed feeding right after, that stuff is in my runoff weeks after a drench anyhow

NightShift

NightShift

U can resume feeding with normal nutes on your next feeding. The nutes will not disturb the azadirachtin drench.

Get some yellow sticky traps and identify if they are fungus gnats or root aphids.

For fungus gnats I highly recommend using some Gnatrol. It is a bacillus strain of bacteria that kills the fungus gnat larvae and will wipe out their population with just 1 or 2 uses.

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks, Guys! This was my second treatment with Azamax, but I wondered about the drench in a DTW situation. I did use the sticky traps to identify the fliers as FGs.

Not sure how much damage would result from the few fliers I see... But I had weird PH issues half way through flowering on my last two grows, so I am taking them seriously this time.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Putting 2 or more inches of sand, fish tank gravel, or some other top dressing will keep the gnats from reaching your coco and breeding there, and the water will go right through it. A leg of some pantyhose works too, just cut off one end and slip it over the bottom of your pots or containers if they will fit and secure them to the stem with string or a zip tie. Pantyhose without the end cut off can cover any drain holes in your pots if they are breeding in the drain holes. Keeping them from reaching your media is the best way to combat them in my experience, if they cant lay eggs in your coco or dirt they go somewhere else.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Azamax as a drench doesn't work very well in my experience. GH claims it's systemic but I'm not so sure. Definitely don't use it past week 5 of flower.
FWIW the best and least abrasive way to be rid of fungua gnats is with predator mites called hypoapsis miles in conjunction with yellow sticky traps. The traps grab a portion of the fliers and the hypos eat the larva. My rootballa went from looking like a horse stall with the gnats buzzing all around to clean in about 1-2 weeks after applying the predators.

ClassV

ClassV

FWIW the best and least abrasive way to be rid of fungua gnats is with predator mites called hypoapsis miles in conjunction with yellow sticky traps. The traps grab a portion of the fliers and the hypos eat the larva.

Intersting. I read about nemotodes, but I never heard of predator mites. Thanks for the suggestion!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah predator mites are an option but I personally wouldn't bother with them in coco. You'll wind up having to replace them too often I think. The pantyhose idea would be my go to and seconded by Gnatrol. Luckily those buggers aren't an issue where I live. Good luck on your battle, those things can be a nightmare to get rid of from what I have seen.

S

Seed Buyer

How about just letting the top inch of coco dry out? Proper watering technique usually will keep them at bay.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I personally prefer to NOT let the coco dry out at all. If the top is dry, you're probably not taking advantage of what coco is for and thus should probably be in soil instead. "Proper" watering technique for coco is the more it'll take without becoming slushy, the better. As for fighting FG in such an environment, you better be ready to bust out a bit heavier artillery than letting the top inch dry out.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Go get a atomist sprayer, while lights off soak plants heavy with whatever you like. Personally I use azamax, yet the panty hose sounds interesting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom