Question About Backcrosses

• Thread starter ViVi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ViVi

ViVi

I had a quick question about what constitutes a backcross? I have a aliendawg x raskal og mother, that I crossed to an aliendawg male (it was an F3 male I found from a pack I was gifted.) and my question is does that make it a backcross since I'm still using the same lineage (aliendawg.) but just a different generation from the original cross? or does it strictly have to be a f1 crossed back to a p1? and if so does that then just make my aliendawg x raskal og x aliendawgf3 an f1 cross?

GreenLion

GreenLion

It's a f1.The aliendwag would have different phenotype expressions, then the father used. But due to the fact that they are similar genitics you should have only a few different phenotypes in the f1, compared to a cross with bigger genitic differences.
Grow out some seeds find a guy or girl u like and back cross it to the parents.. then u got a back cross.

ViVi

ViVi

I would say a f1(due to the fact that the mother is a f1 and not a p1). It almost sounds like an ix.
im def leaning towards that opinion.

Here's something from a diffrent site on the Wide World Web
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285691
i greatly appreciate the information, cheers!

It's a f1.The aliendwag would have different phenotype expressions, then the father used. But due to the fact that they are similar genitics you should have only a few different phenotypes in the f1, compared to a cross with bigger genitic differences.
Grow out some seeds find a guy or girl u like and back cross it to the parents.. then u got a back cross.
i've since lost both the parents, im stuck just popping seeds.. i did find a male that looked very similar to my original male, to a female that i found from the same seeds, im looking forward to popping these F2's
hoping to find some interesting things.... thank you guys for the info and replies!!

Top Bottom