Question About Big Yields

• Thread starter CannaMorocco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CannaMorocco

Here in Morocco, we extract resin from hash , it is the only way we sell our cannabis , my question is , Why when we grow early and we get big yields we don't get too much resin and good one as when we grow late and small yields ?

I

ICanGrowNow

Here in Morocco, we extract resin from hash , it is the only way we sell our cannabis , my question is , Why when we grow early and we get big yields we don't get too much resin and good one as when we grow late and small yields ?

I'm probably wrong, but I think it has to do with genetic potential?

I mean, if it only has the ability to make 100g of THC for example, the smaller harvests would be more THC concentrated whereas larger harvests would still contain 100g of THC but fewer and farther apart.

This is assuming the plant is in optimal conditions during each grow...

I would love an informed answer too on this!

I

ICanGrowNow

Could it be related to the intensity of the sun at the different times of year?

Maybe even the spectrum?

But wouldn't it flower all at the same? During the specific time flowers are affected most I think

How is the climate?
Is it possible that the micro biology has seasons of its own affecting oil profiles?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ve been racking my brain about this question and can’t come up with a good answer. I’ve even googled it and there’s no mention of it at all.

The only thing I could think of was maybe they plant sativas early in the spring and start indicas later on?

Or maybe the shortened grow period makes it seem like more resin is being produced in a smaller amount of plant material being processed?

I have no idea really. It doesn’t really make much sense to me. You’d think an earlier start and longer grow period would mean increased resin production overall.

Ina

Ina

May be they have two crops and they are growing also in the "winter"like in some parts of the world.It is Morocco i'm assuming really hot and sunny in the summer and you can grow twice a year I guess,there is no snow.....:).And may be the winter crop is little bit different,i guess it is related with the sun intensity and/or spectrum or something like that?Or microbiology have seasons even if it is warm enough for growing like previous member mentioned?

S

Slothh760

To my understanding yield does not effect thc levels whatsoever. Yield comes from training thc levels and other cannabinoids are based off of genetics

C

CannaMorocco

We grow once a year because of the cold weather on the winter and the snow too . I don't think what you said @ICanGrowNow is true , how the plant yield increase also the thTHC increase , the summer here begin at june and ends at late september. In the middle of October begin to rain here .

Top Bottom