Question About Burping Jars While Curing

• Thread starter OCKushCollector
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

I recently hung my buds to dry for 6 days, and when I jarred up the buds, my rh was at 62% and feel perfect inside and out. It has remained at 62% since. Since they're already at the optimal rh, can I just leave them sealed for a few weeks, or do I still need to remove the lids for some kind of chemical reaction to take place? I can never seem to get the curing right and this is some extremely dank king kush that I want to get the most out of.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
What was the rh when drying for those first 6 days. I ask cuz 6 dYs is pretty quick dry especially if ur rh was at 60+. Buds might be a lil wet still and if so, ur gonna need to burp those jars a couple times a day. When u burp the jars all u need to do is open the lids an let the bids breath for a minute at most then close then back up.
If u find that ur buds are still to moist, u can put then I. A brown paper bag for a couple days to help draw out the excess moisture. Last thing u want is mold.
Confu

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

What was the rh when drying for those first 6 days. I ask cuz 6 dYs is pretty quick dry especially if ur rh was at 60+. Buds might be a lil wet still and if so, ur gonna need to burp those jars a couple times a day. When u burp the jars all u need to do is open the lids an let the bids breath for a minute at most then close then back up.
If u find that ur buds are still to moist, u can put then I. A brown paper bag for a couple days to help draw out the excess moisture. Last thing u want is mold.
Confu
I should've mentioned that the 62% rh reading was taken by a hygrometer inside the curing jars. The actual ambient rh of the drying area was more like 30-40%. So this being the case do I still need to burp them or just leave them sealed to cure?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I should've mentioned that the 62% rh reading was taken by a hygrometer inside the curing jars. The actual ambient rh of the drying area was more like 30-40%. So this being the case do I still need to burp them or just leave them sealed to cure?

Ok based on that, id still burp once a day for a few days. Best way to tell is to smoke some nugs via a joint does it burn without going out. When u break up a nug does the center of nug(the stem) does it crack or is it rubbery? If it's rubbery and joint don't stay lit, u wanna keep burping those jars.

Confu

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree with Confuten, I would still open up the jars. Not so much to burp, as to turn over and around all the buds and make 100% sure that no mold has gotten a foothold. I like 60%-65% for curing, so that parameter is pretty good IMO, but IME you can still sometimes get a bit of mold in jars if you're not careful. It's one of the big reasons why I stopped using them.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Nice.
I just grabbed a few CVaults.
Absolutly love them.
Still use the hygrometer though.
Best cure's I have ever had.People take the cure way to lightly.
Really helps the taste to come out and so simple.
Love the burn.

Paperchase

Paperchase

been using the c-vault for my cure and had sum vanilla kush in there for about half month and it looks like its turning darker any help sum one?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Miss Manners was very clear on this point; it is simply NOT to be done in the presence of polite company!

MysteryChild

MysteryChild

been using the c-vault for my cure and had sum vanilla kush in there for about half month and it looks like its turning darker any help sum one?

Throw away the humidipak as i believe that is affecting the curing process
Only use humidipak if you have stale dried meds
If not something happens in the process using those packs
Imo i believe those packs are not meant for curing

Paperchase

Paperchase

Throw away the humidipak as i believe that is affecting the curing process
Only use humidipak if you have stale dried meds
If not something happens in the process using those packs
Imo i believe those packs are not meant for curing
O thats the only reason I bought the c-vault for was the curing process .

Top Bottom