Question about changing light on/off period - Help appreciated!!

• Thread starter Livingstrategy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Livingstrategy

So I'm helping some close friends get into cultivating and I just checked out their garden today only to find that they've set their 12/12 period from 1 PM to 1 AM and they have busy schedules. This will make caring for the plants in the flowering phase very difficult since they have such a small window. The plants have been already getting messed with in terms of solid lighting/day and night hours so I want to see if we can maybe change the hours, but would changing the time period to something like say 10 PM to 10 AM be too drastic a change and cause too much stress? Again, they haven't been receiving 5 star treatment necessarily so far. Some were brought in as flowering plants and reverted to veg and now they've been pushed into flowering by mistake due to random timer errors (10+ hour dark period was randomly created causing many of the plants to flower again). What advice do you guys have to help steer us back on course? Thank you very much for all help and I hope you guys enjoy your thanksgiving!!! =D

sky high

sky high

If it were me, on the next lights out cycle I would disable the timer and let the plants stay in the dark until 10PM....and then I would reactivate/reset my 12/12 from that time to 10 AM.....

then holy shit, quit fuckin with it! :rolleyes:

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

What Sky High said would work... I have also given them a whole day of darkness then just flipped the lights back on when I wanted them on... Another thing I have done was just move the photoperiod back an hour a day... The important thing is to make sure that they get the full 12 hours of darkness since that is what makes them flower...

lostnfound02

lostnfound02

I would go with monsterRobot idea and let it stay a day in darkness just ti be in the safe side. Since you mess with the lighting so much.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I am 100% agree with Dude_grows. This info is true. Not to mention I have done this many a time, with no stress.

Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom