Question about clone machine

• Thread starter HelpWanted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HelpWanted

I cant figure out why my clones always end up looking this way.. here is the questionairre.. im using tap water for my clones, but i have a sedamate and carbon watering systen.. im wondering if i should use that instead and add different nutrients?? please tell me what you think.. my photos are at the bottom

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Clones

2. How old are your plants?
about a week old

3. How tall are your plants?
2-3 inches

4. What type of hydro system are you using?
E-Z Clone and rubbermaid clone machine

5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
Clonex

6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?

7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?

8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?

9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?

10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
yes

11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
yes

12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
yes, filtered water with a little cal-meg

13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
it's a veg room so its a 4 foot T5 6 bulbs

14. How close are your lights to the plants?
about 6-8 inches

15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
15 square feet

16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
temp 72-76 F and humidity is 65-75 F

17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
sometimes

18. How much experience do you have growing?
just started hydro

Question about clone machine
Question about clone machine 2
Question about clone machine 3
waayne

waayne

You might want to try DI or RO H2O,you never really know what's in tap water

S

Strain Stalker

I use straight dechlorinized tap water pH balanced @ 6.0, keeping temps around 70 by using a heating missle, no rooting hormones, no chemicals

...hope that helps.

Cloner

H

HelpWanted

thanks a lot! i will start with that and will be in touch

H

HelpWanted

i got a suggestion today by a friend of mine.. he told me to use RO water, power clone.. aqua shield, and of course a clean exacto blade.

theres an oily residue on the blades, that can make a huuuge difference. i never thought of that before.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

theres usually no need to spray your clones,it does more harm than good in my experience,also be sure your water temps don't get too high. I use R/O water w/ some clonex & a little B52 from A/N,plus dip all cuts in rootech cloning gel.Just cleared out my machine yesterday w/ 100% success rate.

P

Pow3rBaLL

use RO, from walmart like 37cents a gal. and mist those beotches!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

We used tap water for these, you don't need distilled and the PH on these was 6.3. The mix here was (per gallon) 2ml 29% h202, 1ml leonardite (diamond nectar), and 1ml hormex. Don't spray your clones, and if you see them starting to yellow they're a little too close to the light and they're trying to photosynthesize, but the clones end up canaballizing the nutrients in the fan leaves instead. Spraying really does more harm than good, you want the plant to have to work for moisture to stay alive. the stress is beneficial for faster rooting.

Oh, I cut them straight from the plant with a razor cleaned off with isopropyl. I let them sit in an 8oz cup filled half way with unadjusted tap water and 1ml hormex for about an hour. I found mixing your hormone with water and leaving them for longer makes roots form faster and better.

oh yea one more thing, scrub all of that calcium buildup off of your cloner with some CLR. And make sure your cloner is as clean and sterile as humanly possible. Use h202 for sterilization, never use bleach. With a cloner, cleanliness IS next to godliness.

If you do organic gardening, you can skip the hormex in the mix and it will work almost as good. Watch water temps, anything over 80 or below 65 and you'll have issues.

2010 04 19 151451
B

bngrips

scrape the bottom couple inches of the stem a little, just like peeling a carrot. a little aquarium heater might help too.

H

HelpWanted

u guys dont understand just how much help you guys have been. i have taken everyones advice and so far im seeing a huge difference.
ive got in a 30 clone machine, ive got 20 super lemon haze, and 10 new york city diesel.
and first time using STG clone pucks. they have been sitting in my machine for 3 days and look beautiful. No wilting. i havent checked the roots yet because i want a pleasant surprise so i am making myself wait a few more days. :) thanks everyone

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
One more suggestion- with the unrooted clones you only need to dip in the clonex, the actual water needs no ph adjustment or nutrients. Try this super simple method first. Just make sure water is not too warm. So to recap- dont spray with anything, dont adjust ph of water, dont add nutes to water, do use r/o or distilled water and do use clonex gel or similar.

I have and do use clone start from canadian nutrients but probably dont need it. if you really want to foliar feed the clones this is good stuff.

I also use any old scissors laying around to cut the clones, no issues. This is a hardy weed my friend!

JB

S

Smokejumper

Hello all. I'm a lurker who needs some info..has anyone tried to clone Blueberry?
I have a dozen clones from four females from Joey Weed. They arn't doing well at all
in my aerocloner. Only one has rooted after nine days. The rest look bad with yellow,
and dead leaves. Others look like they are about to root but they have slime on them.
Is this caused by too high water temps? I use distilled water with Power Clone, Hydroguard, and Flower Power. I dipped the cuts in Power Clone. Is Blueberry a difficult strain to root? Any help is greatly appreciated. Peace, SJ.

Top Bottom