Question about Crossing

• Thread starter ReDLuBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReDLuBE

Last year i gave a friend a cutting of my Kush, also some Rhino Seeds. He germed the rhino's and bred the polen from the nicest male to the Kush. I received some of these seeds, germing as we speak. My Question is, since i don't have any Pure seeds of the Kush i am growing, can I take pollen from the rhino/kush cross and re-polinate anothder cutting of the exact same kush that we started with, and eventually end up with pure kush seeds if i do this 3 or 4 more times to the same kush?

Giddeon

Giddeon

Seems to me that if the right pheno's were crossed than there is a possibility that you can get a seed that is close to the original genetic traits as the kush you have. Just my .02

Taking my info from seni seeds who is selling seeds "hashplant" when really they are (HPxNL#1) x HP so they are 75% HP 25% NL but they claim that they resemble closely the original HP and I sure they had to do something to release those genetics in seed form.

R

ReDLuBE

i only have 5 seeds of the original cross, hopefully there are some males, otherwise i might try some silver treatments on a branch or 2. Also last year we crossed some rhino with a male from the same batch of seeds. The resulting seeds were tiny, super black seeds. if i keep crossing the rhino back into itself, what will happen?

johnursery

johnursery

Last year i gave a friend a cutting of my Kush, also some Rhino Seeds. He germed the rhino's and bred the polen from the nicest male to the Kush. I received some of these seeds, germing as we speak. My Question is, since i don't have any Pure seeds of the Kush i am growing, can I take pollen from the rhino/kush cross and re-polinate anothder cutting of the exact same kush that we started with, and eventually end up with pure kush seeds if i do this 3 or 4 more times to the same kush?

yes this is backcrossing, it wont be pure kush in the end but it will be very similair to the original clone

Top Bottom