Question About Curing

• Thread starter Sgrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sgrey

Hey guys, I have a question about curing. I grew two plants and staggered the harvest by only cutting off a bit at a time and allowing the rest to mature a bit more. Having done that, I became confused as to how long each batch dried. I'm positive that each batch had roughly 5-6 days to dry. Now they're jarred and curing. I have 3 Hygrometers in 3 of the jars and the RH is registering between 57%-59%. Yesterday these same jars registered between 69-71% so I dried them out for a few hours. Should I be worried about the RH being too low? They've been sealed for roughly 12 hours and I remember reading that I won't have an accurate reading until 24 hours have passed. Should I just burp them and put in a Broveda pack or just wait to see the final RH %?

JMcG

JMcG

IMO ...With only a 5-6 day dry time you probably still have a fair amount of moisture in those buds, as is evident in the rising RH on the hygrometer. Burp it every couple of days and see if the rh drops, trying to get it down to around 60% and then keep them sealed, maybe burp them every week or so past that. I like mine around 50-60 %.
FYI... if you can keep your curing room around 60 degrees and RH around 50 then try to hang the whole plant , minus only the largest sun leaves, for a solid 14 days . Then you can usually go right into jars with minimal burping.
Still... watch the hygrometer!

Latest posts

Top Bottom