question about cuttings

• Thread starter RUEBEN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RUEBEN

hi all....if you take a cutting and want to sex it while the plants are vegging, do the cuts need to be rooted before you put them in 12/12.... or do you put them right in the rapid rooter and straight in........also if you put them straight in 12-12 will they split their energy to root and show sex or how does this work...anyone's help would be appreciated.......thanks in advance.

R

Rolln J

yes - they should be rooted before you force bloom...

also if you take cuts (from young plants) before they show sex they may be hard to root.

A

ananda karSaka

rollin is correct, wait until they pre-sex.

however it is possible to take a cutting and put it in 12/12 and sex it.
You will lose that cutting more than likely.

Put it in some water with a drop of superthrive, change this water every few days.

R

ReelBusy1

hi all....if you take a cutting and want to sex it while the plants are vegging, do the cuts need to be rooted before you put them in 12/12.... or do you put them right in the rapid rooter and straight in........also if you put them straight in 12-12 will they split their energy to root and show sex or how does this work...anyone's help would be appreciated.......thanks in advance.

give them two weeks to root after taking the cutting then flip to 12/12

R

RUEBEN

thanks for all your responses..root first it wiil be sounded right i just wasn't sure...thanks

dequelo

dequelo

no need root them if alls you are trying to do is sex your plants

I take cuts and throw them in my bubble cloner under 12/12

for me once they are sexed I just toss them and work with the plants

then take that cuts I need

but in the end it is what works for you in your setup

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

Top Bottom