Question about EC in relation to suggested feed charts?

• Thread starter cmoney88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cmoney88

I feel like this will be common knowledge for most but not I. When mixing nutrients(floraflex) in water. When I follow the ratio suggested my EC is reading way low. They want it to be 2.1 I’m probably at like .3. So the move is to add more nutrients to raise EC, I just feel like I’m about to burn them up because that would be almost double the suggested ratio per gram to gallon to achieve the suggested EC. Any thought on this?

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

When mixing nutes (botanicare) for soil I just follow what the bottle says.
I did dip my pen in the last few gallons I mixed for Dirt and it was 1.5ec.
Now what I mix for dwc on bare roots I would be 1/3 less. 1ec for example , then I would monitor and adjust according to there needs.

Enjoy and good luck with your grow.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

More charts. Enjoy

20A8A7A6 05B3 403E 9444 8F5687FCDE35

C

cmoney88

Floraflex V1/V2 and I add a tsp a gallon of calmag. When I follow this chart my EC is way low compared to their 2.1. I just figured if you used this ratio exactly that the EC would just line up. But it doesn’t and I don’t want to error on the side of nuking my plants.

IMG 4108
C

cmoney88

When mixing nutes (botanicare) for soil I just follow what the bottle says.
I did dip my pen in the last few gallons I mixed for Dirt and it was 1.5ec.
Now what I mix for dwc on bare roots I would be 1/3 less. 1ec for example , then I would monitor and adjust according to there needs.

Enjoy and good luck with your grow.
I normally don’t worry about EC but now I want to be dialed in and I’m realizing maybe I’ve been shorting myself.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I normally don’t worry about EC but now I want to be dialed in and I’m realizing maybe I’ve been shorting myself.
I personally just follow the recommended bottle feeding but cut dosages in half.... I don't ph check and stopped caring about ec/ppm... that has not stopped me from getting half lb harvests per plant!

C

cmoney88

I personally just follow the recommended bottle feeding but cut dosages in half.... I don't ph check and stopped caring about ec/ppm... that has not stopped me from getting half lb harvests per plant!
I am with you on that. I don’t tweak my ph anymore. Just make sure I’m not way high or low. I’ve just never had a ppm or EC reading be anywhere close to half the EC the chart displays. Makes me think I am not giving enough nutrients.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
It depends on plant size as well... I have a blue dream that is 3 feet diameter I started giving 75% of dosages just cause she is so big

S

strawberrydreams

You can Measure the EC of your reservoir or do a pour through if in soil and compare the EC & pH to what you were originally feeding. This will give you some indication on what the plant is or is not using.

C

cmoney88

You can Measure the EC of your reservoir or do a pour through if in soil and compare the EC & pH to what you were originally feeding. This will give you some indication on what the plant is or is not using.
I bumped up my feed just to test and everything is responding well so maybe it is low.

Top Bottom