Question about Electricity Bill

• Thread starter hydrotran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hydrotran

Ok I was thinking about setting up a grow at my house. Just a small one with 4 lights 1000watts. Will my electricity bill raise any red flags? Thanks.

M

MTM

at 10cents per killawatt a 1000 watt light at 12 hours is about 45 bucks.If your running a total of 4000 watts in a non med state you might get some attention from the electric company.It really depends on what part of the country or world your in

M

MTM

BC hydro in canada is investigating bills over 3000 killawatts,that seems way to low because I can run two big ACs and use that much juice

M

MTM

Hell bro your in Cali I dont think they care how much juice you use

the rrock

the rrock

pay your bill on time and you will never have a problem. I pay over 2K a month and have never been bothered

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Ya just pay your bill and you will be fine you consider a computer uses 600 watts I'm running a 4k room a 1200 watt room and 6oo for vegg a 8 bulb t5 and 2 4 bulb t5's a 13k ac and a 10k btu ac and my bill is like 400 so not too bad you will be fine hommie electricity is the last thing to worry about as long as your not running 10 k or more you should be fine

H

hydrotran

thanks guys for the info much appreciated. I am in cali.

Aligee

Aligee

Ya just pay your bill and you will be fine you consider a computer uses 600 watts I'm running a 4k room a 1200 watt room and 6oo for vegg a 8 bulb t5 and 2 4 bulb t5's a 13k ac and a 10k btu ac and my bill is like 400 so not too bad you will be fine hommie electricity is the last thing to worry about as long as your not running 10 k or more you should be fine

Dam homie you got some cheap power there def not the case in cali they charge outrageous once over your alotted KWH no bs!!! lucky dog you !!!

hiboy

hiboy

Dont worry about ur bills , it isnt a red flag.
Cut down other places to compensate, small differences matter]=
h

qupee

qupee

Don't suppose you'd share what state, or region? We all hear a lot about PG&E in cali but it'd be nice to know if the same climate is experienced in other areas of the country, especially if it's the same area as me. :)

Depending on the exact week, I'm between 2000-2800 flowering, with 400-800 watts vegging and maybe another 500w in fans and whatnot, bringing me up near 4kw total, and I get nervous.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Ya this month was 527 but i just added the window unit and once it gets cold enough I'll just turn of the central ac and that will safe a shit ton seeing as my bill doubled in the last 2 months because of summer but I think every ones bill jumps in the summer because the rase the price of the KWH. Oh and I would rather not say what state I'm in thanks hommie.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

My bill was $760.00 this month.. My portable 1100 btu AC is a power hog.. As soon as I got that bill I turned off that portable AC FUCK THAT SHIT.. When I go over on KW's my price is 34 cents a kw.. That's fuckin crazy.. & I only run one 1000 watt light.. But it's the light, portable ac, central ac, & pool pump that's y it's so big.. Now I juss lowered the central ac & I'm still good in the tent i hope my bill is lower this month without the portable ac on.. I can't wait 4 winter 2 get here..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok I was thinking about setting up a grow at my house. Just a small one with 4 lights 1000watts. Will my electricity bill raise any red flags? Thanks.
That's not a small grow, 4KW is damn near equivalent to a whole house. Pay the bill and no one will care, assuming you're really in Cali. Steal the power and watch it all come tumbling down.

I fucking love that I'm sending you these electrons via solar power now, FINALLY off PG&Evil's teat.

Did you other PG&E customers know that they knew about the condition of the gas line in San Bruno, but chose to do not a fucking THING about it? They're going to make you pay for the repairs and upgrades that they'll then be able to profit from, too. We can thank the California PUC for this fucked up state of affairs. Dicksuckers. Autofellators!

deep buddy

deep buddy

running 8k at $.12kwh. bout 47$ a month at 12/12 per ballast. puts me at 380 or so per month just for lights. my whole bill is about 550 600 per month. just pay and they will love you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Those Basterds that's y my bill was so high
Oh no, they haven't begun to charge customers just yet. They need approval from the CPUC. They'll get it, despite what the feds or others in the industry have to say about their culpability. If you read the San Francisco Chronicle at all they've been putting up a hell of a series of articles based on internal company communications, over 227,000 of them. They've discovered many things, like how long PG&E knew their gas lines weren't well documented or kept up, like how they knew that the line that blew already had a problem, and like how they do things in a manner so as to save the company money, all the while charging customers ungodly rates.

I have a bit of a hair across my ass about PG&Evil.

Top Bottom