question about flowering?

• Thread starter shift00420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shift00420

the buds have swelled up nicely but not as much as hoped for. i think they did well for only a 400 watter. thanx everyone for the input

K

Kennie_B

Get that 400 as close as you can to the plant without burning it!

S

shift00420

yeah they turned out alright. i still only got 5oz with 3 plants. For my next run everything is GH full package, so i have high hopes. im only harvesting 2 this round with 4 more just that started flowering 2 weeks ago

bigdrty

bigdrty

I also think my flowers are not blooming as much.
I am also in my 3rd week, I too keep scratching my head when I see these soda can kolas on here at their 3rd week. I think I am in the same boat as you.. I am just being patient and hoping these things explode one night!

Running 2 600's HPs in soil.

IMG 0111
IMG 0112
IMG 0113
B

Bunz

At 3 weeks of flowering, your girls are just done stretching. It'll depend on the strain, but most plants don't pack on the weight until week 6 or so.................

Just because the "guidelines" for that strain are 8 weeks, let the plant tell you when it's done. Jewelers loupe is worth it's weight in gold.....

S

shift00420

i wish i could blame it on the strain and my last batch i probably could but now i have cali big bang. they say under optimal conditions a grower should get up to 800 grams per sq meter. i have 2 plants at 6 weeks and it looks like i might only get 200gr. from them and i would say conditions r optimal. temps are 72 day 68 night under 400 hps full lineup of gh nutes & additives, air intake from outside for 15 min. every hr. i top feed so ppm's and PH r perfect every mix. Idk , one day it will all come together!!!:mad0233:

R

Rolln J

I also think my flowers are not blooming as much.
I am also in my 3rd week, I too keep scratching my head when I see these soda can kolas on here at their 3rd week. I think I am in the same boat as you.. I am just being patient and hoping these things explode one night!

Running 2 600's HPs in soil.

lol not many soda can colas at 3 weeks - your looking good - be patient.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I dont remember ever having soda cans at week 3:) Things start to shine around week 6.. Also Genetics is Key imo
:passingjoint:

S

shift00420

yeah but i cant get them at all. i guess i set my goal kinda high and every grow gets better. ill get there.:passingjoint:

R

Radio_Dread

Yeah i am in my 5th week since i did the flip and they have been showing buds for bout 3 1/2 - 4 weeks. From week six til harvest is when most strains i have delt with put on the most weight. what nutes you use in those final weeks will also help add some weight too

J

Jack Griffin

My Vortex are at 3 weeks tomorrow.
Their buds look just like yours, Shift0040.

Be patient, grasshopper... you ain't seen nothin' yet.

You say those are AK48?
I just germed about 25 AKs, so i'm gonna sit in on this thread.

bigdrty

bigdrty

what about resin residue?, when should your flowers start showing resin?...

thanks

S

shift00420

jack griffin- sorry bro i already harvested the aks and didnt take any pics

bigdrty- i think around 3 or 4 weeks

N

nitehawk

i think if you grow from seed with the purpose of creating the yield it says on the pack your never gonna get there unless your verylucky.id try and create a good mother that i could get clones from. it takes a bit of time but knowing whats gonna happen is very rewarding. did you jse seeds?

S

shift00420

right now i have a very healthy mother i use for clones. the strain is said to be a super high yielding plant. I am at the point where i am pulling as much weight as i can out of the system i have. Its all about refining things to get that little extra, that and i need a 1000hps for the size of the grow room i amrunning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom