Question about Foxtails

• Thread starter googolplexs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

googolplexs

I had plant was doing great and now it's foxtailed on me, thing is it's still going strong. What should been done, let it keep growing or it just going to get worst. This was my best plan a week and half ago.
On my other plant I'm starting to harvest, as the hairs are about 50% or more turned, the foxtail is still all white but the buds are fanning out with green leaves growing profusely, I just really notice this today.

I can't see how some people act like ,a fox tail is good thing.

the rrock

the rrock

. this is an excellent question.i would examine the pre foxtail trichs, i run into this situation frequently and usually just let them keep going until the trichs begin to cloud up

G

googolplexs

well in that case i think you may have a different idea of what foxtails are
Well since you bothered to reply, with all your wisdom, just how many different ideals can you have as to what a fox tail is, I mean like you have bud and then it fox tails on you, what is so hard about that. The bud looks like a dam fox tail, now I don't know if it's red fox, grey fox or what kind of fox but it's not to hard to figure out what a fox tail is. I mean like what the fuck Einstein.

G

googolplexs

. this is an excellent question.i would examine the pre foxtail trichs, i run into this situation frequently and usually just let them keep going until the trichs begin to cloud up
Thanks for the reply, I usually just pull them, it's my understanding it will just continue. The thing that's funny though is that it is growing like mad and no sign of them turning for a harvest yet, but the real nice buds that were there are gone now.
Do you know what cause's this fox tail thing, to start with. I read it was letting them stay in flower to long, with these I should have at least another week on what the predicted fish was, everything else is right on track.

Thanks again

bonkia

bonkia

Heat will cause foxtails.. Heavy bloom nutes will cause foxtails. I have friends that perfer the foxtails it ups there yeilds..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Some Sativas naturally fox tail & most of the time it happens when the temps r 2 hot in the room.. The buds spread appart so they can breath.. At least that's what happens in my tent when it gets 2 hot.. Nothing is wrong with the buds there still good they juss look a Lil different.. If u want them rock hard dence buds u need 2 keep the temps cooler in the grow room.. I juss let them fox tail no worries

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Well since you bothered to reply, with all your wisdom, just how many different ideals can you have as to what a fox tail is, I mean like you have bud and then it fox tails on you, what is so hard about that. The bud looks like a dam fox tail, now I don't know if it's red fox, grey fox or what kind of fox but it's not to hard to figure out what a fox tail is. I mean like what the fuck Einstein.

The original term "foxtail" was used to describe the shape of a bud. When a bud is smaller towards the bottom and gets bigger up towards the top, instead of being relatively the same size throughout the entire bud or bigger towards the bottom and smaller on top, thats a foxtail. Now your talking about leaves and shit growing from your buds that have white hairs and thats definately a plant that is revegging.

Why do you think they call it "foxtail", think about the shape of a foxes tail, its thin then gets wider towards the top, hence the term "foxtail". I don't know why people think a foxtail is when new buds grow out of existing buds with leaves, thats obviously revegging, not a foxtail....Einstein.

I know there are different definitions for the term foxtail, but the original usage of the word was to descibe the shape of the bud. I'm going by how DJ Short uses the word foxtail, and I wouldn't argue with his definition of a word that has to do with cannabis.

This is a strain from DJ Short that he descibes, notice how he uses the word "foxtail".

Blue Velvet

Flowering : 6 - 7 weeks
Height : 1-1.5 meters

An Indica/Sativa cross (50%/50%) with trademark"fox-tail" buds.
The leaves and buds exhibit several hues including reds and lavenders usually on the underside of the leaves.
The buds have very large calyxes often with long dark stripes showing.
The mature plant produces a fruity and floral mix of aroma and taste that is very sweet.
This produces a very active cerebral high.

So whatever you think is a foxtail, you actually described as a plant that went at least 4 weeks in flower then revegged.

Landfishd

Landfishd

Foxtailed buds = big swollen and kinda pointy calyxes that are awesome and huge

right?

jagle

jagle

Foxtailed buds = big swollen and kinda pointy calyxes that are awesome and huge

right?

yes, it is a term to denote the shape of the buds.

this know it all hasnt the right terminology and it sounds as if his plants are revegging, but he doesnt know that, and thinks his buds are still normal, thinks its "foxtailing", and is on here running his mouth about why we want "foxtailing" when its bad.

in actual fact he needs to chop his plants asap, and then fix the light leak..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

yes, it is a term to denote the shape of the buds.

this know it all hasnt the right terminology and it sounds as if his plants are revegging, but he doesnt know that, and thinks his buds are still normal, thinks its "foxtailing", and is on here running his mouth about why we want "foxtailing" when its bad.

in actual fact he needs to chop his plants asap, and then fix the light leak..

Your right about everything, except I wouldn't cut it just yet, I had a plant that revegged in week 5 of flower and I still harvested at week 8. The buds were a little light and airy, the high made me real paranoid because the THC/CBD profile didn't get to fully develop properly, but they were still pretty potent.

Maybe you meant cut it so he could smoke it, I'm not sure if thats what you meant but I just felt like letting people know its still fine to smoke buds from a plant that revegged, the high just won't be as good.

jagle

jagle

well sorry i didnt know how long his plants were along, and because he mentioned foxtails i presumed late flower, at week 4, yes just fix the light leak and carry on if you wish, tho i would just begin with fresh seeds and harvest in a week or 2 once the new babbies need the space..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

well sorry i didnt know how long his plants were along, and because he mentioned foxtails i presumed late flower, at week 4, yes just fix the light leak and carry on if you wish, tho i would just begin with fresh seeds and harvest in a week or 2 once the new babbies need the space..

I'm not sure he's in week 4, I was just estimating from what he said but your probably right, he could be in late flower and the best option would be to cut them now. I just wanted to let people know not to just cut and throw them out, as some people reading might presume.

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

My first clue that he didn't have a clue was "On my other plant I'm starting to harvest, as the hairs are about 50% or more turned". Talking about rushing to harvest! I'll bet he doesn't even have ANY cloudy trics!

YJ

H

hydroXmgr

thought fox tails referred to the hairs coming out of the calyxes

xenon730

xenon730

thought fox tails referred to the hairs coming out of the calyxes

no and in that video he's talking about the individual calyxs that form on the end. a typical bud will maintain straight edges for the most part. a fox tailed bud will have single calyx's, that even stack, on the parts receiving the most light and heat. I've only seen foxtailing referencing this phenomena in my life.
gallery_6278_3093_74290.jpg

RizzleGizzle

RizzleGizzle

My plants are foxtailing a bit but the trics are getting cloudy and the hairs are still 50/50 check out these pics I'm in the 7th week of flowering and my case isn't a case of light leak it's a heat problem from the light.

IMG 0648
IMG 0658
IMG 0659
IMG 0685
Top Bottom