Question about fresh air circulation in a drying room.

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

My drying area is a partitioned off section of the room my tents are in. It's got a window in it. I just made a wall out of foam board. I've got everything in there I need to maintain the temperature and humidity. My question is do you think I need an exhaust fan circulating new air into that drying section of the room? And if yes, how would you do it? I could either pull air out of it and let it suck in its air from wherever it can pull it in from, or I could push fresh air from outside into it. Or I was wondering if maybe I don't need fresh air for the drying process if I would be good without an exhaust fan? Just some regular fans circulating the hair around the room. If it helps when I get home from work I could I post a video and some pictures of my setup. Thanks for the help guys.

Z

Zill

Perrin,

Keep an eye on the hygrometer. With all that drying in a captive environment you may see humidity rise above 60%. Circulate air - yes. Every once in a while maybe pull in some fresh dry air if it gets musty in the tent.

Zill.

E

Edinburg

This time of year the rh is low, I would trim, and hang upside down, keep a sharp eye on them you do not want to over dry, when ready bud will feel hard on outside but moist on inside, then off to the jar.

2Bad

2Bad

I keep mine in a closed closet. With a 6 inch oscillating fan on the other side of the door blowing a slight bit of air through the cracks. That's it. Don't want fresh air hitting the branches.

P

PahPahCee

No stale air is the goal. A fan in the room pointed at the wall is good. Just no fan on the actual bud. Super mellow air flow, nothing crazy.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Find a rotary adjustable speed fan. Run your room at lowest setting and check RH and Temp. If too high increase fan speed. Stop adjusting when you get just below where you want to be. Let it settle in and make whatever speed fine adjustment you need to make to hit your target numbers.

Top Bottom