Question about growing different strains at once.

• Thread starter Bizee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bizee

Ok this might be a real stupid question, so I apologize in advance, I'm still pretty inexperienced.

My buddy and I are finishing our first grow and are planning our next one. We want to experiment diff strains as far as what they yield.

So my question is, is it ok to grow different strains in the same tent? Is that going to affect the plants at all?

Thanks for taking the time
To answer this noob question.

P

pink elephants

It can be done, but maintenance is going to be a lot more difficult. Each plant/strain is going to have completely different attitudes towards eating, lighting, ventilation, temps, ect.

I think it'd be best grow the same strain at once, until you find something that you can grow really well.

Thats just me though, others might have a different opinion.

G

Green Supreme

Is much more difficult meeting the needs of multiple strains {one strain can be difficult enough for some to learn}, not saying it cannot be done as this is the style I prefer. I suppose it depends on the skill of the gardener. Good luck. Peace GS

B

Bizee

Ok I definitely want to avoid high maintenance on my second grow, thanks for the advice.

D

devthadude10

Strain Integration

Hey Bizee Bone,

No problem bringing your girls up in a multi ethnic enviroment. Just as long as you keep them in seperate pots. That way you can give individual ladies special treatment. Ya dig? :smoke

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
not so hard if your growing in dirt and not growing 14 week sativas next to 7 week indicas

B

Bizee

Thanks everyone for replying I think were gonna stick with one strain til were more experienced

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

good luck yo but hell why not try one more strain if you can..... my first time growin in a tent also but i got like 10 different strains to pick from and grow out hopefully everything turns out good :joint:

H

Hylife

2 Strains is nothing... note that if you're doing complex feeding schedules that vary based on flowering times you might have bloom feed spikes at different times on the strains but 2 will be plenty easy to handle.

B

Buddy Hemphill

use good organic soil and dont worry about it...grow what you wanna!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Multi strain grow

In a single pack of seeds you still have 10 individuals that will have different feed/water/light etc needs. Grow as many plants as you are comfortable with. It takes multiple grows for anyone to really get to know a plants true needs

mal

Top Bottom