Question about harvesting my plant

• Thread starter ThiccHarambe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThiccHarambe

ThiccHarambe

Hey all my fellow green thumbs, I've got a question about harvesting that hopefully someone can shed some light on haha.

So basically one of my plants went into a stress induced flower and has been flowering for 71 days pictured here
Question about harvesting my plant

Now I know when the plants are ready to be harvested mainly by their looks since majority of the time I'm growing strains that I do not know the genes of and so I generally don't get an estimate on how long the flowering phases are with my plants. However with this lady it appears that about half if not over half of the plant is ready to be harvested, she has 80-90% brown hairs on most nugs pictured here
Question about harvesting my plant 2

Question about harvesting my plant 5

But there are branches that aren't that close to being done and still have a little ways to go pictured here
Question about harvesting my plant 3

Question about harvesting my plant 4

So basically what I don't know is whether or if I can just go ahead and start harvesting the branches that are ready and just leave the branches that aren't ready or will that severely injure the plant to where it basically kills it? I've never had this happen to me before in my 6-7 years of growing lol

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Hey all my fellow green thumbs, I've got a question about harvesting that hopefully someone can shed some light on haha.

So basically one of my plants went into a stress induced flower and has been flowering for 71 days pictured here
View attachment 1019079

Now I know when the plants are ready to be harvested mainly by their looks since majority of the time I'm growing strains that I do not know the genes of and so I generally don't get an estimate on how long the flowering phases are with my plants. However with this lady it appears that about half if not over half of the plant is ready to be harvested, she has 80-90% brown hairs on most nugs pictured here
View attachment 1019080
View attachment 1019084

But there are branches that aren't that close to being done and still have a little ways to go pictured here
View attachment 1019081
View attachment 1019082

So basically what I don't know is whether or if I can just go ahead and start harvesting the branches that are ready and just leave the branches that aren't ready or will that severely injure the plant to where it basically kills it? I've never had this happen to me before in my 6-7 years of growing lol
You are not ready for harvest yet so pull up a seat and be patient.

As far as your question goes...you can do staggered harvests but you are not there yet.

ThiccHarambe

ThiccHarambe

Thanks Greatlakes! I've never had this happen with a plant before haha, I know I'll be having scattered harvests since most of my plants are all on different flowering cycles however I just hope she doesn't get infested with caterpillars before she's completely ready! Currently dealing with caterpillar infestatons on a few of my plants. I've never had such a horrible issue with caterpillars like I do this year which is really odd lol

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Thanks Greatlakes! I've never had this happen with a plant before haha, I know I'll be having scattered harvests since most of my plants are all on different flowering cycles however I just hope she doesn't get infested with caterpillars before she's completely ready! Currently dealing with caterpillar infestatons on a few of my plants. I've never had such a horrible issue with caterpillars like I do this year which is really odd lol
You have to remember that up to 25% of the final bud weight happens in the last two weeks of flower. That is an important time of bud swelling. By the looks of it, there is much swelling yet to take place. Trust me on this just dont cut yet and you will be so happy that you waited.

Second what I mean by staggard harvests is you dont take the whole plant at once.
Even lower down on each branch the tops might be done but the bottoms are still pushing out fresh pistils. I take what's done first then I leave the inner buds for two more weeks (if my weather allowes it) and do a second harvest. This allows those other inner buds to fatten up. Doing this can also increase your yields noticeably.

ThiccHarambe

ThiccHarambe

You have to remember that up to 25% of the final bud weight happens in the last two weeks of flower. That is an important time of bud swelling. By the looks of it, there is much swelling yet to take place. Trust me on this just dont cut yet and you will be so happy that you waited.

Second what I mean by staggard harvests is you dont take the whole plant at once.
Even lower down on each branch the tops might be done but the bottoms are still pushing out fresh pistils. I take what's done first then I leave the inner buds for two more weeks (if my weather allowes it) and do a second harvest. This allows those other inner buds to fatten up. Doing this can also increase your yields noticeably.

Man this is why I love this place haha, thanks for the info and tips Greatlakes! I never knew any of that stuff haha. I tried finding stuff on doing the staggered harvest but for the life of me couldn't find anything solid, just lame articles that never really explained it well but you did great with that simple explanation haha I'll definitely be doing that now that I know for sure that it's okay

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Man this is why I love this place haha, thanks for the info and tips Greatlakes! I never knew any of that stuff haha. I tried finding stuff on doing the staggered harvest but for the life of me couldn't find anything solid, just lame articles that never really explained it well but you did great with that simple explanation haha I'll definitely be doing that now that I know for sure that it's okay
No problem!

Tommy57

Tommy57

Thanks again. I searched for a staggered harvest. To see if possible and now I know.
I have some colas that are just starting to hit amber tris on top, while the bottom are still growing it seems.

Top Bottom