Question about high temps during flower with co2 supplementation

• Thread starter Chowfarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Hey y’all.

I run an 8-burner CO2 generator in my flower room during the cooler months and decided to try firing it back up last night.

My room isn’t sealed and I run a 10” exhaust on a controller set to kick on at 88 degrees. I also have an 8” constantly pumping in fresh air.

My CO2 controller is set to 1200ppm and it only got up to 600ppm and leaf surface temps were 84-90(probably slightly over in some spots). Plants look happy as a pig in shit(for now lol). Day 25 of flower in 100% coco. Feeding once daily, right now at 1.9 EC with run off(I don’t measure it, just make sure they’re all a’squirtin’).

Here are my questions/concerns...

The sensor for the CO2 controller is ~15’ away from the burner itself. I have good air movement, not amazing, but adequate for sure. That being said, is it possible that the majority of the room was at a high enough concentration of CO2 to be able to tolerate these temps?

Are the effects of temps getting too high at this stage of flower seen immediately or can they be delayed?

If I did do any damage, is it early enough to not having a substantial impact on quality/yield? It was only for 7-8hr.

Finally, I know that a higher temp (85-95*) is required to really benefit from having CO2 levels north of 1000ppm, but in flower, is it detrimental to resin/terpene quality/production to have temps this high?
I can see it being a nonissue in veg but I am planning on washing a good portion of this and future runs. Does anyone have any experience with running high temps + CO2 and it’s impact on hash production?

Any help is much appreciated. I can’t wait till this round is finished, a digital co2 monitor is high up on my wish list.

Thank you in advance to you, farmers🙏🏻

K

Kot

Why would you run CO2 if you are not in sealed room?

I am with sealed room and bottled CO2, don't want the extra hear and moisture from burners, and during first month of flowering I can the temp down to 27 degrees, from the end of first month my temp can't go under 29, sometimes it reaches 30. There is just a little heat stress on few of my plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

CO2 at 600ppm will provide some added benefits. I have read specific cannabis studies that show scientific proof that more benefits are seen at 700 ppm than previously thought.

First you need to look at the reasons for running CO2.
1. That plants can tolerate a hotter drier environment.

That's does not mean they do better in it.

2. The rate of photosynthesis CAN be increased

This does not mean it will be. Without getting into the nitty gritty you need the light source to take advantage of this or you gain nothing on this front.

The temps you are talking about as leaf temps... How exactly are you measuring this? Eg. what equipment and where?

The ideal leaf temps are 75F and while you can run warmer in CO2 it doesn't mean it's better... It only means that with increased CO2 and increased light the plant will both increase photosynthesis efficiency allowing it to mostly avoid photorespiration and tolerate higher temps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Forgot to say you will see heat stress pretty quickly

oleskool830

oleskool830

Forgot to say you will see heat stress pretty quickly

My grow shed is an old free standing garage. Last August & September were torturous with shitty yields and wilting and dying plants. I am trying several methods of cooling the tents this year. I’ve tried window AC, misting fans etc. I have decided without a $1000+ investment in a mini split to try and cool the shed, I’m going to just suspend growing in August and September.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My grow shed is an old free standing garage. Last August & September were torturous with shitty yields and wilting and dying plants. I am trying several methods of cooling the tents this year. I’ve tried window AC, misting fans etc. I have decided without a $1000+ investment in a mini split to try and cool the shed, I’m going to just suspend growing in August and September.
I would start by insulating it. That will improve the efficiency of what ever method you use to heat or cool. I think you would be surprised at how much that will make a difference. I bet if you do this a window AC would have no problem keeping temps to cold. Much cheaper investment and your efficiency will save you a lot more in operating costs.

oleskool830

oleskool830

I would start by insulating it. That will improve the efficiency of what ever method you use to heat or cool. I think you would be surprised at how much that will make a difference. I bet if you do this a window AC would have no problem keeping temps to cold. Much cheaper investment and your efficiency will save you a lot more in operating costs.
Thanx Aqua-man. I have begun that process. Filling gaps and holes. I am working on an oleskool Tent Cooling Unit to try. Should have it completed in the next cpl days. all love brother...
🤠

03FDCF5E 4B9F 44C9 952F A6F68E76158B
Ganggreen

Ganggreen

31celsius , 1 fan for each 50 plants pointed to the base of the plant 1 on the canopy. humity 40/50%.

I got CO2 carbon filter bootles but I use a burner so gives me higher temp ,without using do much AC power, being 31celsius the key one and the ppm you can start and keep 1500 since day one of flower and cut the last two weeks. I start at week 3 (checkin if start earlier is worth it) I got a AC that keeps the temp stable and at the same time deshumidify keeping it at 55% humity.
(my plants in veg are close to a EC 2 and have 4/6 weeks veg or + 1meter tall.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom