Question about knock off smart pots.

• Thread starter MMJQA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kindindy123

watch out

i bought imitations,of smart pots,ther is a difference,for some reason,my girls root system,did not perform the same,maybe it would help to wash them first,this is just what i experianced, ill try them again,good luck

M

MTM

Ive been running Root pots from roots organic and they are half price,I have them and smart pots and my growth is the same.The HTG bags can be bought in bulk and are made taller and a little better than the root pots

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Get a 1 in paddle bit an drill holes all over your existing pots.
Line em with screen or cloth.

It's how I DIY mine an they defiantly air prune.
Small ones are styrafoam cups with holes stabbed in em.
The big ones are buckets I drilled out.
Super big ones are laundry baskets an already have holes.

V

virtusvelox

Up in the Great North Wet, there are Freddy's stores...the Fred Meyer 'fabric' bags sell for $.89 ea..wash the nasties out of them, they have water proofing on the fabric. Do that several washings, 5 minimum. Adjust the flow by well placed knife or sharp punch holes.

Hope that helps, new here so a bit hesitant to jump in right off but this new 'fabric' system I just 'epiphanied' the idea two nights ago, hope it works as well for you, sure has me seeing $ signs coming home :O)
Virt

M

MMJQA

thanks for your help,

i wonder how many gallon the Freddy bags will hold

M

MMJQA

Ive been running Root pots from roots organic and they are half price,I have them and smart pots and my growth is the same.The HTG bags can be bought in bulk and are made taller and a little better than the root pots

since im getting mt t5"s from there it works. im gonna call them on monday to see if they have 30 gallon ones

M

MMJQA

i went to the local super market (superstore) they have 2 different sizes of fabric bag, very breathable however it says its 100% polyester and smart pots are polypro.

Anyone here know if they would work?

datDANK

datDANK

me and my mom started making our own smart pots

we go to downtown and buy 100% recycled polyester PET WHITE felt fabric

then she sews them .. she can make any pot any size and CUSTOM fit. perhaps we should start making a bunch for local farmers?? we would be helping you with the cheapest prices and you would help us because we're small time

green punk

green punk

On the cheap, Dollar store waste/laundry baskets even milkcrates lined w cheese cloth or weed matting from home depot/lowes.

excellent choice w air pots. If you're used to using 5s or 7s, you can get away using the 3.4 gl airpot. I ve ran them a bit and they are worth it, only draw back is they require more attention when watering( water slowly). They will promote dense plants creating more lateral branching. Grow a few side by side Airpots will crush comp by 20% minimum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom