Question About Light on Seedlings

• Thread starter Marlie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marlie

Marlie

I have to leave town for three days. Better to leave lights on the whole time on low setting or ??

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have to leave town for three days. Better to leave lights on the whole time on low setting or ??
No timer? If not, my guess is that it would be better to leave the lights on a low setting. These plants can grow under constant light. My only concern is that it will become normal for them, which could be a problem when returning to daily periods of darkness. It is the increase in the duration of darkness that triggers flowering, not the duration of light. The best option is to use a timer or an environment controller.

Newty

Newty

So they’re cheap lights and only have a 12 hour timer. 🤦🏽‍♀️
If there's an always on function, you can buy a different timer that plugs directly into the power cord. You could also use a WiFi smart plug as long as it doesn't exceed the rating.

JoeCroupier

JoeCroupier

A low cfl on 24hrs for 3 days will be fine with no problems, if the lights stronger than a cfl then you'll have to battle heat and humidity levels.

A timer is best but a low cfl will be fine on 24hrs.

Top Bottom