Question about lighting... Swapping lights mid flower

• Thread starter dezahp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dezahp

dezahp

It has gotten cold the past few days and started raining again. It's been hitting 65-68F with the lights on the last 2-3 days. I have extra 1k hps so I'm thinking about swapping out a few of the LEDs for the hps but I'm worried if switching the light will shock the plants even more. I think normally by this time in flowering I would like the cold so I can get as much color as I can but the colas aren't nearly as big as I would have hoped or liked so I would like to get as much additional weight as I can. Its week 6 of flower and heading into week 7.

I'm running hlg 600 v2 Rspec lights right now.
gavita

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

It has gotten cold the past few days and started raining again. It's been hitting 65-68F with the lights on the last 2-3 days. I have extra 1k hps so I'm thinking about swapping out a few of the LEDs for the hps but I'm worried if switching the light will shock the plants even more. I think normally by this time in flowering I would like the cold so I can get as much color as I can but the colas aren't nearly as big as I would have hoped or liked so I would like to get as much additional weight as I can. Its week 6 of flower and heading into week 7.

I'm running hlg 600 v2 Rspec lights right now.
I do it all the time with no problems.
gavita

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm sure your plants will reward you for the heat.

422src

422src

Getting warm here. I just took the hps down.
A cheap LUX meter could be useful to regulate the approx. light strength. Move lights up and down to keep the same LUX each time you swop them out. Not the best but better than guessing.

Top Bottom