Question about Lighting

• Thread starter CHILKaT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CHILKaT

Question about Lighting - Hortilux

I recently downsized from a flower room with 1000w HPS, 1000w MH with additional CFL's to now growing in a tent, 3x5x7. I went with a 1000w Eye Hortilux Blue and finding that my resin production is diminishing. My last harvest of White Russian was a great yield, but kind of meh as far as resin goes, just no way near as frosty as I am used to getting. The tent runs a few degrees hotter than the room, but other than that, everything is the same.

Has anyone used the Eye Hortilux Super Blue? HPS and MH in one. Does anyone recommend it?

Here's a shot of one of the recent White Russians about 1 week or so before harvest.

Question about lighting
hiboy

hiboy

I have six of the eye hortilux hps lamps in hoods, always lit it up nicely. Cant give you any specifications, positive note not one has burned out in over a year and a half

hiboy

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

hi chilkat,
the blue in your bulb suggests to me that this bulbs more for veg than flowering where red would be more suitable.imho this could have a diminishing effect on your trich production. TS1

C

CHILKaT

hi chilkat,
the blue in your bulb suggests to me that this bulbs more for veg than flowering where red would be more suitable.imho this could have a diminishing effect on your trich production. TS1

I would have to disagree with that statement. Although the red spectrum has an effect on yield, in my experience it doesn't effect trichomes. What does have a positive effect on trichomes are UV and HPS lights emit little if any. MH emit UV, and the best yield/resin comes from mixed HPS and MH lighting, which is what I had. The Hortilux Blue is MH that contains Blue, Red and Green Spectrum, it just doesn't seem equivalent to running both HPS and MH. The Hortilux Super Blue has both HPS and MH in one bulb. Just wondering if anyone is running the Super Blue with success.

Top Bottom