Question about lightning

• Thread starter Hazuki_san
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hazuki_san

Hi everyone !

My plants are 18 days old, they seem fine (to me) despite the low hygrometry (30-50%)

I'm actually using a MH 250w at about 25cm from plants.
I got an HPS 600w (with 30% of blue in spectrum) for the flowering period.

Temperature is not a problem in my room so I would like to know if I should use my HPS from now, to finish the grow period, at 60cm from plants, for 2 weeks.

Will the light penetration be really better?
Will my plants grow really faster ?

Here's a picture from the girls (hydro nft)
1289934889109.jpg

I tried to manage the leafs a bit to get better plants lightning and I ve pinch them under the apex.

EC 1.2
ph 5.8
Using ghe flora serie
Seeds from sannie's Hericules *4 and heri x big white *2.
Homebox 0.8m² and cooltube in closed circuit with fresh air from outside blowing in it with a rvk.
Carbon filter + an other rvk

Thx everyone for your advices :)

W

Wild Bill

Greetings, The 250w Mh is a good light to start your Plants and far as I can tell they look pretty good. If it were me, I would fire up the 600w HPS and put more light on them. Start by hanging your light a Meter or so above your plants...maybe more???..Watch for stress.. Drooping leaves ect.
The Plants are tuff and will acclimate quickly, when they start digging it and reach for the light, you can lower it. Keeping the light close to the tops will help the plants grow compact, this helps in a small space. How close to the tops? Put your hand under the light palm down with the top of your hand at the same hieght as your plants, if it is uncomfortable the light is to close and remember these things can grow real fast when happy so check daily so nothing gets burned.

Hope this helps
WB

H

Hazuki_san

Hi Wild Bill and thx for your advice, I'll try it tomorrow :)

I've just bought Plagron Phyt amin (Amino acids, trace elements, minerals, growth and blooming hormones, NPK 4 8 8) to use it as a foliar spray, 1ml/Litre,
put the mh 1meter from plants while spraying, and I got little white marks on some leaves.
Nothing important ?

thx :)

B

bastard_x

you can switch to the hps but keep the days long until your plants get 1/2 the height of your max light height then flip em on 12/12 and watch them fill that space with flowers. If you wait too long to flip em you might have to l.s.t (low stress training) the tops so they dont touch the light.
At this point it looks like you could benefit if you put a screen over them and do a scrog (screen on green) both these techniques have lots of explanitory threads here on the farm. goodluck

Top Bottom