Question about lights out before flip

• Thread starter Squeeze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Squeeze

If anyone would care to shed some light on me I will appreciate it.

I have been told that cutting the lights 72 hours between veg & bloom will shock plants into quicker & more vigorous, resinous bloom. Is this fact or fiction? Another farmer I know said 24 hours is good. Still another friend says that is black magic, don't bother, it does nothing.

So I came to the farm to ask the experts! Any advise on the subject would be very helpful.

Thanks,

-Squeeze

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

It's the equivilent of letting the car rest in neutral before shifting from drive into reverse. The pause lends to the plants being given a more difinitive trigger that something has changed enviromentally....IMO

Though I'd say no more than a 36 hour dark cycle to avoid any unnecessary shock.

One vote here for pre-bloom light deprevation.

S

Squeeze

Thanks UC. The info came from a Jorge Cervantes book that I did not read.

C

chillsmoker

I've heard good things as well, the 36 hr dark period helps the plants go, okay now its time to bloom, and they change their focus from veg to bloom quicker

S

strictlyOG

hmm.. i never seemed to need any amount of dark period that was not needed.my plants were tremendous w/out dark period. i would recommend some Advance Nutrients bloom enhancers for what you are trying to achieve.

Top Bottom