question about lights

• Thread starter kanfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kanfarmer

if i use a 250 watt(small grow room) high pressure sodium light bulb will i have to get a ballast for this? and if so about how much do they cost?

B

blueleaf

HPS's bulbs must use a ballast for current regulation.
prices are about 100$ try ebay... good luck my friend

M

mMmTHC

not to high jack the thread.. People use lighting without the hood.. Like 1 grow I saw he was just using a fixture with the bulb.. Where can you buy those?

sun

sun

mMmTHC when the socket burned out on my hood the replacement had this little attatchment for hanging it. if you buy a socket you can hook it up to your ballest with out a hood.i tested it out this way with out hooking it up to my hood.(there might be more to it that i dont understand)

DSC02603
N

Nts10a

One of the grow shops is selling low power fixtures (250 watts and less) that have a built in ballast. So, all you have to do is add the bulb. Googling will get you there.

K

kanfarmer

thanks to everybody. All the info i can get is helpful, even the guy that "jacked" the thread, good question and all are great answers. thanks again everyone!

M

mMmTHC

Awesome thank you.. And your welcome on jacking the thread lol...

I just installed 6 100 watt cfl bulbs for the lower part for the plant... Then prob going to run these type of hangin lights.. Good luck.

D

Dmassive

not to high jack the thread.. People use lighting without the hood.. Like 1 grow I saw he was just using a fixture with the bulb.. Where can you buy those?

The non hooded fixtures can be found at any grow shop in your area or online.

The ones from Sunlight Supply come with the hanging handle and your choice of a 15ft or 25ft cord that runs to your ballast.

This is taken straight from the sunlight supply 09 catalog that I just picked up a few days ago.

Sockets
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

The non hooded fixtures can be found at any grow shop in your area or online.

The ones from Sunlight Supply come with the hanging handle and your choice of a 15ft or 25ft cord that runs to your ballast.

This is taken straight from the sunlight supply 09 catalog that I just picked up a few days ago.

keep in mind that these fixtures will still require a ballast.

F

Friendo

Try "HORTICULTURE SOURCE" for ballasts.

Hi Farmer- Try "Horticulture source" the have about 200 ballasts and are the biggest supplier I've seen on the internet. But if you can buy locally (use Hort. Source as a recource) and with "cash" thats the way, cash tells no tales!
Friendo

Latest posts

Top Bottom