question about lights

• Thread starter Haggardass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Haggardass

Haggardass

I'm looking at a750 watt phantom ballast right now, getting a good deal on it even to i didn't know they existed lol I just wanna know if anyone had any experience with this ballast, or any 750 watter for that matter. I don't need any more 1000s but want more punch then a600 so I'm just getting opinions. Thanks guys

humbtrin

humbtrin

Poop on those lights........more watts more grams. Although I am tempted to experiment with led guys

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I'm looking at a750 watt phantom ballast right now, getting a good deal on it even to i didn't know they existed lol I just wanna know if anyone had any experience with this ballast, or any 750 watter for that matter. I don't need any more 1000s but want more punch then a600 so I'm just getting opinions. Thanks guys
Yeah man I personally think they would rock and was looking into getting a couple for a tester setup. I would like to put them in super sun 2's like another member phillthy has setup. Seems a great way and a fine line between 600 and 1000w.
Poop on those lights........more watts more grams. Although I am tempted to experiment with led guys
you negated everything you with the last sentence imo.
MW

humbtrin

humbtrin

Yeah man I personally think they would rock and was looking into getting a couple for a tester setup. I would like to put them in super sun 2's like another member phillthy has setup. Seems a great way and a fine line between 600 and 1000w.
you negated everything you with the last sentence imo.
MW
Yeah I know I was thinking of the hps world the led is a different ballgame it seems. I have my doubts that's for sure.............anyways I stand corrected

ttystikk

ttystikk

I would have reservations about buying a 750 watt unit, for the simple reason that your light bulb choices are pretty limited. And before you think that you can get around it by just running 1000 watt bulbs at 750, remember that they aren't as efficient if they're underdriven, meaning you're wasting power and not getting adequate lighting quality.

FWIW, I'm going UP from 1000w lights in sealed hoods for my next purchase; Gavita Proline 1000DE here I come!

LED is great for a nightclub. Not so much for growing in quantity... maybe if the price keeps falling and the diodes get better there will come a time when it makes more sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom