question about lucas formula!

• Thread starter deezy305
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

deezy305

ive been reading about the lucas formula. but can someone with experience with the luca formula tell me if its ok for me to add other additives or would the 8 micro and 16 bloom will do for me?

K

KayJay

I use the Lucas formula. You can add other additives without problems.
I add Dutch Master Zone at 1ml/gallon and also 1ml/gal of Dutch Master Silica. In flowering I use Cal/Mag for the first 4-5 weeks and then switch to Epsom salts towards the end.

LEDhead

LEDhead

This is the feed I've been using :) :harvest:
Per gallon
VEG.
2 Pro Tekt (ALWAYS FIRST)
6 Micro
9 Bloom
5 VooDoo Juice
5 Cal Mag

BLOOM 1-5
2 Pro tekt
6 Micro
15 Bloom
5 Hammerhead
5 Nirvana
5 Cal Mag

BLOOM 6&7
cut nutes in 1/2
Add MOAB

M

MMRC Grower

I dont think the Lucas formula is a good idea. Just because the back of the bottle only list certain nutrients, doesnt mean that those are the only things in the bottle. There's a ton of stuff that they add thats not listed.

Stick to using it the correct way. If you want a 2 part, switch to FloraNova or the new FloraDuo. I've heard nothing but great things about the FloraDuo. Gonna give it a shot on my next run. I've seen some super healthy plants grown with that stuff, by growers that didnt have a clue as to what they were doing.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Here's where I'm at with one plant (KO Kush) at 3 1/2 weeks bloom on the Lucas Formula I gave you :harvest:
http://i133.invalid.com/albums/q69/odogg_mia/0afd76bb.jpg
This is two plants (Bubba Kush) at 6 weeks bloom :( in bubbleponics on the full AN schedule (but only about 2/3 max strength as they describe) this was as big as they got
http://i133.invalid.com/albums/q69/odogg_mia/39d2497c.jpg
In my opinion I LOVE the Lucas feed just make sure your alternating feed and water

M

MMRC Grower

LedHead... you have a slight downward leaf curl on your plants. Looks like there may be some adjustments that need to be made. Downward curling leaf tips are never a promising sign. They should be straight out and reaching for the light.

Could possibly be the Lucas formula... or maybe a PH or growing medium issue. Happy plants reach for the light. Not the floor.

LEDhead

LEDhead

That's a nite pic but ya I've been having ph problems for a minute but I'm all straight now and so are my leafs they all point to the light
I was just giving my opinion on the question sorry to offend anyone :( this is my second grow my first in coco and ScrOGing

M

MMRC Grower

That's a nite pic but ya I've been having ph problems for a minute but I'm all straight now and so are my leafs they all point to the light
I was just giving my opinion on the question sorry to offend anyone :( this is my second grow my first in coco and ScrOGing

What is your setup now?? Drip/Deep Water??

Oh... and no offense. Sorry if I came off that way. I just dont think the Lucas formula is all that great. All it really is... is a way to cut corners. And from a person thats been growing for a while... cutting corners is never a good idea.

The Lucas formula is based solely off of what the back of the nutrient bottles read. But the back of the bottle doesnt tell you half of whats in the bottle. It just gives you the basics.

Now Im not saying that it doesnt work, because I've seen people use it with nice results, but do a back to back comparison and see if there's a difference.

There's a lot more to nutrients besides their NPK ratio, or how much calcium, iron, magnesium, etc. they have listed on the back. MUCH more. Use the manufacturers feeding schedule as a guide. They have scientist and chemist testing this stuff. Sure they want to sell more and usually tell you to use more then what you need, but those feeding charts are based so beginners can read them and get good results. If its a 2 part that you want, and you want to stay with GH (which I think is the best), then use FloraNova or FloraDuo. 2 awesome two part base nutrients.

LEDhead

LEDhead

I hand water my girl 1 gallon a day, I'm 35 days in today and just added the MOAB HAMMERHEAD COMBO as long as I alternate feeding and watering my ph is fine I'm looking into coco friendly base nutes but only botanicare has a grow and bloom but no micro

S

spinkus

LEDhead dont apologize for listing what you use man!

MMRC have you ever used the lucas formula or a MODIFIED lucas formula?

LEDhead l do something very similar only l keep it simple as possible with additives

all #'s are ml/gal

Week 1 Bloom Day 1-7
6 micro
6 cal-mag
9 bloom

Week 2 7-14
7 micro
10 cal mag
12 bloom

Week 3 14-21
7 micro
10 cal mag
15 bloom

Week 4 21-28
5 micro
5 cal mag
10 bloom
8 koolbloom (liquid)

Week 5 28-35
same ^

Week 6 35-42
same ^

Week 7 42-49
same ^

Weeks 8-10 days 49-70
Plain ph'd water with 1 tablespoon unsulphered blackstrap molasses from day 49-70 A full 3 week flush

l know the cal-mag is high at first but the plants im running right now crave it and get deficient if l dont do it heavy for the first few weeks...

This is what l do with great results

cutting corners.... psssssh

LEDhead

LEDhead

I was just listing what I've used this grow and I've had a great mentor Garden of Dreams, this person has helped me through everything I've done sometimes I didn't listen but I paid the price:( but this is a combo of GoD feed and GTD Moab/HH combo last two weeks till flush I'm in the boost now til 47 days then molasses flush 3 days then fresh for 7
http://i133.invalid.com/albums/q69/odogg_mia/268a6563.jpg

Top Bottom