Question about making a fog system

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NeWcS

NeWcS

Was thinking about making a fogger system but had a question. This will be just for the flowering stage.

Was going to run the fogger only while the lights were on, So the question is will the roots dry out during the 12hrs while the fogger is not running?

The plant will be in a 3gal bucket in a net pot with the bottom cut out of the bucket and fitted with a screen to allow the fog to come up but will not allow the roots in the reservoir. This bucket will be placed in a 5 gal bucket which will have the water/nutrients, a bubbler and the fogger unit. Not sure if I need the bubbler or not.

Thx

J

Jalisco Kid

Unless you are overly curious and/or hard headed why? I am both and have only wasted time and money. The units die on their own with distilled water. JK

NeWcS

NeWcS

Unless you are overly curious and/or hard headed why? I am both and have only wasted time and money. The units die on their own with distilled water. JK

For one I wanted to try something out of the norm and by having the fogger on only part of the time was my way of doing that :)

Also the cheap unit I was looking on on EBay said to not run it more than 10hrs a day. So by running it only 12 I was closer to that than running it full time.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I own few fogger head. You can not go cheap on this one homie. Your going to have to go with the Teflon ones. Note: going have to clean with soft cotten every week.

Warring: Do not move while running. Heads are moving 1-2mil times/sec!
Dont place your hand in! Will do tissue damage.
Keep fuses and replacement heads

Moving on to how to move less rig it. Well not easy. Try to follow from what I gather from all my research from the past.

retrofit_fog&flood_details.gif
This is image if your useing a EBB table set up. Now going to use it for Fogger.

1. The NUTRAMIST fogger continues to provide the air layer of roots with fog during the shallow flood cycle.
2. In this method the tap roots are shallowly bathing in nutrient solution, and the miniscule root hairs above continue to receive fresh Oxygen and nebulized nutrient solution. The grower selects the flood line.
3. The submersible pump can be set to flood on a schedule, using a timer, or run continuously to simulate nutrient film technique along the bottom of the NUTRAMIST tray. Most growers report feeding the tap roots with the flood feature more often as plants grow into their maturity. The combination of fog and flood creates the most Oxygen rich rooting environment ever developed without the need for growing media other than that in which the cuttings or seeds are originally started.
4. The adjustable fill and drain fittings enable the grower to choose the flood depth to best suit their crop's feeding requirement and style of growing.
5. If you plan to expand your NUTRAMIST garden, reservoirs are connected and their levels balanced by using a jumper tube in place of the level indicating tube as pictured in 6.

You will need to cover the Roots some way. Since you are in a Color like an EZ-Cloner plug.
retrofit_lid_details.gif

If you want to get more crazy Ideas.

retrofit_others.gif

Top Bottom