Question about male flowers found

• Thread starter FuriousStyles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Here is the scenario. I have two different plants that have thrown male flowers, from 2 different seed lines. P1 male and female for seed line A come from known (grown) stable genetics. Seed line B confirmed stable P1 female. The P1 male may or may not be fully stable (have not grown enough to see, male was part of a one time F2 seed preservation run). Point being, the odds are both seed lines come from reliably stable genetics.

Question is has anyone else experienced high heat stress related herm issues in otherwise stable lines?

Seed line B I might would/could chalk up to a recessive showing. It being a F1 of a worked line being paired with a semi worked line. I have another pheno of the same seed batch though, on the opposite side of the room showing no signs at all of male flower.
Seed line A is F1 of two worked stable lines coming together.

Its an odd twist. Has anyone else experienced this related to high heat? I damn sure wasn't trying to make or wanting seeds this run, and will discard these, but if it is heat related its something I can address moving forward without ditching both lines. I dont know its just weird.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Question partially answered, found second plant had 2 unopened male pods way low. Seed line B is done for me, no time to go through and clean it up. I have another cross on deck, different P1 mom same P1 dad. If its in it as well, or I don't get a male out of a larger population the project is scrapped.

Seed line A still a mystery.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Quick update. Seed line B nearing finish and not AS BAD as I thought. There's hope!!!
I'm not planning on continuing with it right now, but depending on the product it might be worth further work. If its worthy it will take some sifting to find the right females and males. Then testing to sift it clean. All the good stuff of today had someone do this kind of work before it reached your hands. Of course if its really good lollipopping the plant I am going to reveg before flowering is always an option. Haha!!

This plant is being culled and is the plant behind starting this thread. Chopped before it got any worse, once I saw these.
LQ1

LQ1A

I think I will regeg this one though, or get the process started at least. I'm thinking 10-12 weeks on her so she has another couple weeks to go. I only found 2 male sacks on her, way low. Nothing else so far. If the smoke is stellar I'll hang on to her for a maybe project. If not, just be another bag of seeds for somebody else to look at after I'm gone.

LQ2
LQ2A

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Just chopped second pheno day 75. No issues but a couple lower branch male flowers really early in flower?.
From the samples of the previous plant, the one culled, the Cherry Queen male walked all over the Lemon Wookie. Not a bad thing.
Not a lot of the citrus, its there but very faint. Good herb for being pulled so early though.
Might be worth going through the rest of my Cherry Queen seeds and finding a female and breeding on to her instead of using a male.
Size and structure are nice.
LQ1
LQ2

No nanners but starting to foxtail bad. She's done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom