Question About Plant Growth

• Thread starter MrBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBlue

MrBlue

Just curious to know why are the tops of my plants growing slightly off to one side? There about 7 weeks old, and they have just begun to do this. They are Amnesia/Autoflower.

Also, when will they stop growing and go into full flower mode. There firing out white pistils at the tops, but with still alot of upward growth.

Peace!

Question about plant growth
Question about plant growth 2
Question about plant growth 3
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
It is the sativa dominant gene causing alternating nodes, indica dom genes usually have even nodes with a branch parallel to each other on opposite sides, sativas alternate one side then the other. Hybrids sometimes do both, you can control it somewhat with selective trimming, light placement and intensity.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

It is the sativa dominant gene causing alternating nodes, indica dom genes usually have even nodes with a branch parallel to each other on opposite sides, sativas alternate one side then the other. Hybrids sometimes do both, you can control it somewhat with selective trimming, light placement and intensity.

Great reply. I learned something from that as well . Ty

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Im pretty sure that I just made all of that up....

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Don't spread false information when someone is asking for help . I was wondering the same thing with a couple of my plants why it's staggered and not a side by side node. So that's why I was a bit intrigued by your response

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Your fucking with me right?
That is just what I have observed from growing. You can get a sativa pheno from an indica plant and vice versa.
Having a positive DIF(day temp higher than night) will space out the node growth increasing the likelyhood of alternating nodes. Keeping the day and night temps close and having the plant under intense light will make them stretch less and lessen the liklyhood of even nodes. That is just what I have observed, and I could be wrong.

According to the standard phyllotaxy, cannabis leaves are compound (with multiple leaflets, as opposed to simple, where a single leaf grows from the stem) and decussate-opposite rather than alternate. Opposite leaves emerge in pairs, one each side of the stem, with a clear vertical space between the leaf pairs. Decussate leaves are opposite, but each new leaf pair is at a right-angle to the last pair. Alternate leaves emerge from the stem singly, swapping sides as the vertical height increases.

Although cannabis leaves are usually decussate, as the plant prepares to flower the leaves may begin to emerge in an alternate pattern. Interestingly, rejuvenated cannabis plants demonstrate alternate phyllotaxy. Experiments with hemp showed that early-planted specimens, which flowered in low light conditions but did not die, began to put out new alternate leaf growth when hours of sunlight increased. The initial new growth was simple rather than compound, and as new growth continued, the number of leaflets gradually increased.

There is some evidence that this phenomenon leads to vegetative growth of greatly increased vigour, although the genetic processes responsible are not fully understood. It is thought that the evolution of opposite-decussate phyllotaxy occurred comparatively recently, from an alternate-leaved ancestor, and that the genes controlling the decussate phyllotaxy ‘switch off’ around the time of inflorescence.
Sensiseeds.com

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

That is just what I have observed from growing. You can get a sativa pheno from an indica plant and vice versa.
Having a positive DIF(day temp higher than night) will space out the node growth increasing the likelyhood of alternating nodes. Keeping the day and night temps close and having the plant under intense light will make them stretch less and lessen the liklyhood of even nodes. That is just what I have observed, and I could be wrong.

According to the standard phyllotaxy, cannabis leaves are compound (with multiple leaflets, as opposed to simple, where a single leaf grows from the stem) and decussate-opposite rather than alternate. Opposite leaves emerge in pairs, one each side of the stem, with a clear vertical space between the leaf pairs. Decussate leaves are opposite, but each new leaf pair is at a right-angle to the last pair. Alternate leaves emerge from the stem singly, swapping sides as the vertical height increases.

Although cannabis leaves are usually decussate, as the plant prepares to flower the leaves may begin to emerge in an alternate pattern. Interestingly, rejuvenated cannabis plants demonstrate alternate phyllotaxy. Experiments with hemp showed that early-planted specimens, which flowered in low light conditions but did not die, began to put out new alternate leaf growth when hours of sunlight increased. The initial new growth was simple rather than compound, and as new growth continued, the number of leaflets gradually increased.

There is some evidence that this phenomenon leads to vegetative growth of greatly increased vigour, although the genetic processes responsible are not fully understood. It is thought that the evolution of opposite-decussate phyllotaxy occurred comparatively recently, from an alternate-leaved ancestor, and that the genes controlling the decussate phyllotaxy ‘switch off’ around the time of inflorescence.
Sensiseeds.com

I donno if I believe you anymore lol

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Found this in the Flowering section of a growing guide I have.
That is talking about a clone or just a mature plant?
Some plants that are indica dom keep even nodes even after cloning, I have a few.

MrBlue

MrBlue

That is talking about a clone or just a mature plant?
Some plants that are indica dom keep even nodes even after cloning, I have a few.
A female plant reaching maturity. Within its first week of flowering. Thats when I noticed it happening to mine.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Yeah looks like that means it is signaling that it is starting to flower, or ready to flower.
Sativa dom phenos do it

Top Bottom