Question about plant sexing age

• Thread starter Steveystrappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

Alright so I'm already growing two feminized plants. #1 sweathelmet and #2 red runtz. I just started 3 rainbow reserves and they were a mix pack. I don't wanna pollinate my females how long can the males be with the females before pollination and how long can you usually tell the sex.

#1 sweat helmet
#2 red runtz
#3 rainbow reserve

Question about plant sexing age
Question about plant sexing age 2
Question about plant sexing age 3
Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

no chance of males dropping pollen if they're in veg stage (18/6 light) - generally they won't drop until 2-3 weeks into flower (12/12)
That's what I thought. Did some research just wanted to be 100%...now is their any hints to determine sex in the earlier stages? Just curious

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That's what I thought. Did some research just wanted to be 100%...now is their any hints to determine sex in the earlier stages? Just curious
Get a hand lens or magnifier of some sort — with variable power up to at least 20X. Look at nodes, particularly where the petioles (leaf stems) meet the stalk. The first flowers ("pre-flowers") will appear between the petioles and the stipules (a little spike you will see on either side of the petiole).

Female flowers will be a lovely, mostly smooth, conical structure, with two white threads (anthers) sticking out. Males flowers are more ball-like, on a small stalk with all sorts of overlapping flaps, lines and striations — also known widely as the Ball Sack Of Disappointment for seed growers not interested in breeding.

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

Get a hand lens or magnifier of some sort — with variable power up to at least 20X. Look at nodes, particularly where the petioles (leaf stems) meet the stalk. The first flowers ("pre-flowers") will appear between the petioles and the stipules (a little spike you will see on either side of the petiole).

Female flowers will be a lovely, mostly smooth, conical structure, with two white threads (anthers) sticking out. Males flowers are more ball-like, on a small stalk with all sorts of overlapping flaps, lines and striations — also known widely as the Ball Sack Of Disappointment for seed growers not interested in breeding.
Haha "balls of disappointment" I'm gonna caught their balls right off 😅

Top Bottom