Question about RDWC sterile fert

• Thread starter Mr.Miguardi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Miguardi

Mr.Miguardi

Hi guys!
I'm from Italy and moving the first step in the hydroponic world, acutally i am growing some HEMP (no THC in italy 😔 ... for now ) running a RDWC system 4 bucket + 1 res total of 75L with Atami fert.
Plant has 14 days and running in the system from 7 days with 2 mars hydro SP3000 at 10% power. EC/ppm, air and res temp and humidity seems ok.

A few days ago water became cloudy with strong ph rising from 5.8 to 7 and dense white/yellow/brownish foam (like beer fermentation or alage foam in the sea) in top of the water, after some investigation discovered that some ATAMI fert has organic component like algae extract, veg extract and Humic and i was wrongly using ascorbic acid as ph-, probably feeding bacteria/algae.
Cleaned all, sterilized the system and refilled with tap water and only the non organic fert (ATAMI HydroA+B, CalMag, ATA clean, silic boost and atazyme) and ph- from GHE.
Now i am trying to do a sterile setup with only non organic fert but i don't know what extacly is considered organic and harmful for DWC, since at the moment i don't want to change all the water weekly except for ppm/ec fluctuation and other special case.

Some fert like Enzyme or vitamin still considered as organic? for example Atazyme contain Enzyme, Vitamin and potassium sorbate, is usable or enzyme and vitamin risk to degrade over time and causing problem?
I was looking for a replacemente of my Atami Root stimulator but Metrop Root+ also contain enzyme and cellmax Rootbooster show nothing organic on the label but the description says "organic oligoelements and vitamins"...
Basically what can i use and what not?
thanks in advance!

Top Bottom