Question about seedlings

• Thread starter freshgardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

freshgardens

Just popped my seeds there are coming out of the soil now. WHats the best nute schedule to have them be vigorous mothers??? Thanks!!

catdaddy

catdaddy

good ? i am in soil and wanted to know the same thing. i currently have 5 females around 6 weeks and was going to clone, use the clone to flower, and keep the donor plant. my last feed was at 580 ppms, should i keep it there or go lower?

thanks in advance.

jagle

jagle

well are they being burt or under fed? i dunno what ppm are good for what stage

catdaddy

catdaddy

they are healthy but i don't want to over do it as i plan on keeping them as mothers until i clone them and flower the clones. here's a pic of 2 females of ghost rider og's 2 give you an idea of what i am talking about. from the looks of it do you think i can keep feeding at 580 ppms. thanks in advance.

101 0084
HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Ionic makes a really good "Mother" plant 2 part nutrient. As a guide, most "mother" plant feed schedules are more like your bloom formula's rather than a vegetative formula.

The plants you have pictured there look a bit over fed IMO. I would cut back on the nitrogen for sure.

jagle

jagle

very nice looking for far id continue feeding as you are

catdaddy

catdaddy

Ionic makes a really good "Mother" plant 2 part nutrient. As a guide, most "mother" plant feed schedules are more like your bloom formula's rather than a vegetative formula.

good look. if you don't mind me asking at what strength would i feed at using a bloom regime for a mother?

freshgardens sorry for imposing on your thread, i mean no disrespect, just looking for info on the topic such as yourself.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Around 500 to 800PPM's depending on medium used and size/age of plants.

A good ratio to use is similar to Dynagro's Bloom formula which works nicely and is very inexpensive. This ratio also with the addition of cal/mag makes an awesome feed for clones and promotes root growth below as well as stem shoots above.

You also can prepare special formula's to assist cloning that you can use in the weeks before clones are taken from the mother. This "special" formula will also aid in the mother plant recouping from the "slashing's" she will withstand.

catdaddy

catdaddy

very nice looking for far id continue feeding as you are

thanks for the positive reinforcement. im on my second grow and im trying not to make the same mistakes as the first one. unbeknownst to me, my hanna meter conked out (in lest than 2 months) and i had a hard time keeping the girls healthy. i couldn't even take clones because they were too unhealthy to do so. i went out and got a bluelab and haven't had a problem since.

this time around i plan on taking cuts from all the females i get and keeping the donor plants until i sample the final product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom