Question about Strawberry Fields soil and Newts

• Thread starter thcoso
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thcoso

thcoso

I have 8 ladies that I put in Strawberry Fields on 1/3/21 (about 14 days after germ) starting in 1 gal pots under a 60% MH TS-3000 in a 5X5 and over a 2 week period I bumped the light up to 100% along with transplanting them to 5 gals. Until now, they have been thriving w/o any added neuts--100% solo on the straw fields (I do use tap water for reference). But I'm starting to notice yellowing tips on 2 of them and another with yellowing new growth and a couple of small rust spots. This has been going on for just a couple of days. I'm totally new with this soil and want advise before I add any newts. I'm 6 weeks in veg with 3-4 weeks before I flip. At what point do the newts in this soil begin to need supplements? What feeding cycle should I hop in on? Thank You

Homesteader

Homesteader

The soil is geared towards fruit which probably means it may be a bit short on Nitrogen but I would let it do its thing. If you add nutrients on top of nutrients you run the risk of locking out things. Best to add anything slowly. You will probably need some gypsum for calcium. You could use a carbonate but that may bring your pH up.

Is your tap city water or well?

Newt Pictures

william76

william76

What kind of newts u using? I like the californian newts in flower,only problem is they eat it all before harvest,instead of pissed as a newt there stoned as a thcfarmer,lol,76

thcoso

thcoso

The soil is geared towards fruit which probably means it may be a bit short on Nitrogen but I would let it do its thing. If you add nutrients on top of nutrients you run the risk of locking out things. Best to add anything slowly. You will probably need some gypsum for calcium. You could use a carbonate but that may bring your pH up.

View attachment 1091664
[/QUOT

View attachment 1091664
city.....I'm not planning on adding anything until the problem has really started to show its face. So far, transplanting from 1 gal to 3 gal to 5 gal has kept a fresh supply of the soil to them thus far. But, I have LST'd the hell out of them, so they are short bushes right now. Starting yesterday, all LST and topping will stop (except for a round of clones before flipping) for the next 21-28 days. I am not planning of transplanting again. At some point I know they gonna get hungry and I wanna be prepared so I have everything at the ready. I've never used this soil, so I figured it is better to ask than not ask.

At first I was confused on your "newt" pics, but I reread my post and I assume my spell check diid not like neut (it is trying to correct it now)

All in all, this soil is AMAZING!!!! Seems to be worry free as long as you keep transplanting.

mancorn

mancorn

What kind of newts u using? I like the californian newts in flower,only problem is they eat it all before harvest,instead of pissed as a newt there stoned as a thcfarmer,lol,76
Used to do a fair amount of bike night riding. Down by the creek in late winter there were so many CA newts coming out of the creeks and onto the trail we had to walk to keep from running them over.

Thcoso, I’m surprised you’ve made it so far. FF isn’t near as jacked up with nutrients as most believe. It’s mainly coco, moss and saw dust with a scoop of guano, lime, and EWC. Post some pics - you probably need to feed your plants.

Last edited:
thcoso

thcoso

View attachment 1091664
Used to do a fair amount of bike night riding. Down by the creek in late winter there were so many CA newts coming out of the creeks and onto the trail we had to walk to keep from running them over.

Thcoso, I’m surprised you’ve made it so far. FF isn’t near as jacked up with nutrients as most believe. It’s mainly coco, moss and saw dust with a scoop of guano, lime, and EWC. Post some pics - you probably need to feed your plants.
I have 8 ladies that I put in Strawberry Fields on 1/3/21 (about 14 days after germ) starting in 1 gal pots under a 60% MH TS-3000 in a 5X5 and over a 2 week period I bumped the light up to 100% along with transplanting them to 5 gals. Until now, they have been thriving w/o any added neuts--100% solo on the straw fields (I do use tap water for reference). But I'm starting to notice yellowing tips on 2 of them and another with yellowing new growth and a couple of small rust spots. This has been going on for just a couple of days. I'm totally new with this soil and want advise before I add any newts. I'm 6 weeks in veg with 3-4 weeks before I flip. At what point do the newts in this soil begin to need supplements? What feeding cycle should I hop in on? Thank You
D44F30BC 03FC 4659 B5FA 349877CE4122
4A395796 A4C8 4807 8C40 969314F1490E
0AEE26A5 8655 4AF9 A1F3 1DD133A23850
4A8106E6 A769 4EA6 82E1 FDE90A51E72F
69F4DBB9 3FAA 433E 9ACA 0E105172D212

View attachment 1091664

william76

william76

Respect to u sir!,many nowadays would just run over the top of small animals without a second thought,those kinda people are the real animals.76

thcoso

thcoso

Respect to u sir!,many nowadays would just run over the top of small animals without a second thought,those kinda people are the real animals.76
Well, I floated where the current chose afloat upon my back, and if by chance a newt swam by, I'd stuff him in my sack.........

HarryHood

HarryHood

Soon I felt a bubble form, Somewhere below my skin
But with handy spine of hedgehog
I removed the force within

thcoso

thcoso

After a week of research on a few different sites and talking to the guys at the local hydro store, I've decided to go with using Roots Organic Uprising Dry Mix. I've added 2 teaspoons iinto 2 gallons of water that I'll feed to them tomorrow. They haven't had any water since Wednesday, so they should suck those nutes up quickly and I'm gonna sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons as a top dressing to each lady as a slow release and see if that makes my ladies happy. They really starting to yell at me that they getting hungry. Over the past 3-4 days, the yellowing has greatly increased from only affecting a couple of leaves on a couple of the plants, to blanket yellowing of major sections of the plant on both new and old growth along with more rusting, tip yellowing, darkening of the veins and the beginning of the complete breakdown of some of the leaves. Any opinions or anyone used this brand have any advise. Here are some pics of the ladies showing the most anger.
?
TempImagewaAwI2
TempImageQzl2LM
TempImageEFAxA8
TempImageQRsPHI

Top Bottom