Question about Sunshine Pro mix #4

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Inherited a bale of Sunshine promix; was pretty sure it's soilless but need to know for sure. I usually run ocean forest/happy frog/light warrior when I use new soil. Anyone with experience using these give me your opinions, please. Specifically I want to know if it's ok for seedlings or too hot, and what to expect on pH differences. Thanks for your time. Peace

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Is it Sunshine#4, blue letters on bale? If so, it's def. fine for seedlings, they love it for germing. It's not hot at all, it's a base soilless mix, has lime for ph stability. Add your own nutes at your rates. I use it all the time.

Infact, that's what I just used for germing all my tahoes, strawberry bubba kush, pre-98 bubba, Chemdog99, killer chemdog. They love it.. It's a stable in my garden for plants.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Tex you rule. That is exactly what I wanted to know, from someone not trying to sell something...LOL . Peace!!

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Tex you rule. That is exactly what I wanted to know, from someone not trying to sell something...LOL . Peace!!

Glad to help bro! Just telling the truth as it is.. Happy harvests and SS#4 is a good medium. You'll be very happy with it no doubt. You can add anything you want to it, EW Casing, mico, etc. etc. :rock

A

ace

Been using SS#4 for years. I tried the moonshine mix the happy frog, ocean forest, and light warrior and I recycled that soil. Now I just add SS4 to that mix and it just keeps getting better. I also add EWC, lime, and peace of mind. Use it for all my house plants too!

Ace

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

Sunshine mix #4 is the fastest draining of the four mix, There is a 1,2,3,and 4, you can use mix #4 to the end of your grow, It is soilless mix. I have 20+ years with it.
LTS

Top Bottom