Question about underdeveloped flowers

• Thread starter Urkle420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Urkle420

Urkle420

I noticed some buds in being close to done, have the underside looking not as mature, any tips to avoid this? Running a platinum p300 LED, at around 14" above some tips were bleaching also. So it's obviously intense directly above, but I noticed some undersides a bit underdeveloped :/

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hang the lights higher so the photons coud bounce from the reflective surfaces and hit the lower sides of the plant. Also you can bend them early on or do a scrog. Can also provide lighting with cfls or similar tube shaped leds or bars inside the canopy. I don’t do it tho. Its a pain in the ass imo. One more thing you can do is a partial harvest. Take down the main cola when its ready and leave the rest for a couple of weeks more. There are many possible solutions.

Urkle420

Urkle420

Thanks! Will try some of these, I did have it running on a SCROG plant was quite bushy.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Having a thick canopy but a sparse undersection is a problem with many strains, since they don't grow as tall (typically) which provides for a thick canopy but not much else. You can try the partial harvest, but that is usually an attempt to prevent this from happening and results in bigger buds being picked too early and the small buds not showing too much additional growth either. Selectively picking off the larger fan leaves and allowing more light to reach the bud sites is the easiest way to increase your yield, as is side lighting for taller plants. Just don't go crazy and pick off too many leaves, as it can stunt the plant. I usually remove the two or four topmost leaves on my colas, as the direct light exposure triggers the growth under the bud's end, making it a little fatter. Keep up the good work!!

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Get some type of reflective plastic (like the shiny stuff on the inside of potato chip bags) and position in a way that the light will bounce back upwards towards the under sides/growth

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Just don't go crazy and pick off too many leaves, as it can stunt the plant. I usually remove the two or four top most leaves on my colas, as the direct light exposure triggers the growth under the bud's end, making it a little fatter. Keep up the good work!!

For deciduous trees, it's 1/3 of the growth. I think that is a good base for this plant as well. :)

Top Bottom