Question about UV sterilizers in DWC setup..

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

So I found a pump (1200 gph) with a UV light in it to kill the baddies. I run DWC and want to use this pump to run my chiller. Im thinking that the water will be sterilized then chilled to a nice 68 degrees and then back to the plants.

Thoughts?

its a 1200 gph pump running the modular current 1/3 hp 360 gallon chiller. Im only running 170-180 gallons tho. Its a 6 tub 30 gallon setup...

TIA

J

Jalisco Kid

It sterilizes what comes out of your pump not what might get into and stay in a tub. I always preferred benies to chems or uv. suerte JK

L

Lost

I have found that Organic DWC with beneies is no bueno. Like someone on another site once said, "im not so good at playing god in a microscopic war in my res." I dunno, just not an organic fan in DWC I guess.. With the chiller up and running, perhaps ill change my mind.

I was just figuring since im using mostly inorganics, cns-17 and fox farm bloom boosters with some gravity and snow storm added, eff it.. I go totally dead res.. Im only killing the res water, not the beneies in the roots. Grantes there will not be as much, there will be practically no baddies...

I dunno, i guess I can get a regular 1200 gph pump and add a uv module on later. My chiller actually has a port on it for one.. its like 99 bucks for the one that plugs screws into it. It also has a port for adding a heater.. hmmm

This is the chiller I got.. I paid 430 for it

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...ubref=AA&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=0022314000000

That same site has the uv sterilizer for 99 bucks..

J

Jalisco Kid

I am not familar with that brand. I have seen the web site, and have found they have high cost. Which worries me because those prices are half of what I buy for almost. If you need another I use aqua logics, they are used in the largest aquariums in the world. Another one I like is jbl arctic it is a good little model.
I know a few people who got the rot this aug. using dwc why they do not like to talk about it I do not know. I use 80 bucks worth of benis from bio-organics never get it when using the benis. I keep physan 20 in my first aid kit just in case. JK

L

Lost

JK I'll tell you exactly why they got the rot.. Res temps. I dunno why peole don't want to talk about their eff ups.. Its not like you can do anything about it unless you invest in a res cooler. I suppose in other areas where its not so hot its not an issue but if its over 100 outside, even with your a/c cranking, the res will get hot.

I use hygrozye from time to time and it seems to be good stuff.

Top Bottom