Question About Wheel Barrows

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

im in the market for a new wheel barrow, and im looking to buy either used or cheaper model and reinforce the frame of it...just wondering whats your take of plastic vs metal buckets in the wheel barrows...which is better? what are advantages and disadvantages?

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I've got a "contractors wheelbarrow": thick steel,
and it has gotten heavier every year Heh;
I can't keep it balanced now; even empty--
that two-wheeler looks good...

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I tend to overload my wheelbarrows, so I don't have to make as many trips. I have broken every wood handle tool I have ever bought. Buy the metal, one wheel wheelbarrow and you wont regret it. Wood is for people that can't lift large loads. Metal with proper welds is the way to go. Same with shovels, rakes, ext.

Last edited:
Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Never had a prob working one the last 20 years :) maybe you just take the easy way out lol

I bought mine when I had to replace a section of basement wall. Lots of dirt and bricks to be moved! It worked awesome. That particular model will haul more than any others. My uncle let me use his one wheeler and I dam near broke it first cpl of loads so I went and got that one. Im an "overloader"! lol

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Get a tire that doesn't require air. I hate having to fill my wheelbarrow before I use it.

sixstring

sixstring

well i just put a "no flat" tire on one of my jacksons and my guys say it sucks ass with heavy loads.they are not hard enough so its like wheeling with a low tire all the time lol.as far as using a 2 wheeler,fine if all your work is on flat ground or you can go straight up and down slopes.good luck on an angle with a full load of sand or concrete.im a landscaper who also does a decent amount of concrete work and that jackson i linked is the only one that will hold up to every day use and heavy loads.if you ever moved concrete in a wheel barrow you know what im talkin about lmao.2 wheelers are great for light stuff like topsoil(dry) and mulch,and on flat ground. i have young strong men working for me that overload these things daily lol,and they choose not to bring the 2 wheeler almost every day unless we are working in a parking lot like doing a mulch job at a shopping mall or similar ;)

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

You need a better tire. They have different ratings. The hard foam ones like tractors use are great.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
well i just put a "no flat" tire on one of my jacksons and my guys say it sucks ass with heavy loads.they are not hard enough so its like wheeling with a low tire all the time lol.as far as using a 2 wheeler,fine if all your work is on flat ground or you can go straight up and down slopes.good luck on an angle with a full load of sand or concrete.im a landscaper who also does a decent amount of concrete work and that jackson i linked is the only one that will hold up to every day use and heavy loads.if you ever moved concrete in a wheel barrow you know what im talkin about lmao.2 wheelers are great for light stuff like topsoil(dry) and mulch,and on flat ground. i have young strong men working for me that overload these things daily lol,and they choose not to bring the 2 wheeler almost every day unless we are working in a parking lot like doing a mulch job at a shopping mall or similar ;)

Tips from the Pro's!! :D

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I also have been in the trades for 15-20 years now. Used a wheelbarrow on hundreds of jobs. Metal all the way.

BTW - you think your embarrassed, I have used a wheelbarrow that much and I am still fat. :mad:

Top Bottom