Question and Results of battling WPM

• Thread starter WeedStalkWonder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WeedStalkWonder

WeedStalkWonder

Hey all, I've already had WPM take down two of my plants, and the typical small white spots were showing up on my remaining 3. After looking at a boat load of (sometimes conflicting) advice, I mixed up a bottle of water (600ml), sodium bicarbonate (2 tbsp), and dish soap (1/2 tbsp). I misted the ladies before dawn and noticed some drying and oxidization on the leaves and pitsills today. They're about a week into flower. The plants still seem fine but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this reaction and if I've done any damage? Luckily, theres no sign yet of any WPM spots returning. Thanks and happy growing.

Question and results of battling wpm
Question and results of battling wpm 2
Dan789

Dan789

Your results don't look like it's from the sodium bicarbonate. How long after the application did you take the picture? Looking like something else is meddling with your plants. Have you scoped the bottoms of the leaves yet? Was the solution sprayed on then plants left in the direct sunlight? That may be the burning I'm seeing. What do the plants look like now and how long since the foliar application?

WeedStalkWonder

WeedStalkWonder

Your results don't look like it's from the sodium bicarbonate. How long after the application did you take the picture? Looking like something else is meddling with your plants. Have you scoped the bottoms of the leaves yet? Was the solution sprayed on then plants left in the direct sunlight? That may be the burning I'm seeing. What do the plants look like now and how long since the foliar application?
Hey I appreciate the response. It is 100% a result of the application. They have both been very healthy (which is why I'm not freaking out haha) but the discolouration/oxidization showed up today, and I sprayed them about 48 hours ago. The solution was mixed and sprayed just before dark, so Sat for about 12 hours before getting sun. Today was very very sunny so they did bake well today. Until now they have had zero issues/spotting. Just the odd WPM dots.

WeedStalkWonder

WeedStalkWonder

Nothing residing on the underside of the leaves?
Nope. Just rechecked to be sure. The bottoms all look fine (with the exception of the brown discolouration that you see on the tops)

Top Bottom