Question for all my Fox Farmers

• Thread starter SntWick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SntWick

SntWick

I am running FFOF and jus picked up Grow big and Big Bloom. Is it necessary to run cal mag already. I water with tap water that has been left out for a day so it is dechlorinated.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Probably not but it depends on what is in your tap water. Which should be the first thing a gardener determines. Do you at least know the ec (ppm of mineral content) and ph?

middleagedude

middleagedude

You’re gonna want tiger bloom too. Big bloom doesn’t meet all of your plants flowering needs. That being said, big bloom is the optional one. And I’ve used just straight tiger bloom in good soil, and nothing else is needed.

SntWick

SntWick

I’
You’re gonna want tiger bloom too. Big bloom doesn’t meet all of your plants flowering needs. That being said, big bloom is the optional one. And I’ve used just straight tiger bloom in good soil, and nothing else is needed.
Im a bit of ways away from flowering. Only like 1 month into veg and spring jus started where I’m at so I guess I got time till then. Growing on a super tight budget rn

growsince79

growsince79

Agree and you don't need big bloom. Grow big and tigerbloom works. Don't feed anything for several weeks. Don't ph plain tap water. If its over 200ppm mix with ro or rain.

blasius

blasius

I am running FFOF and jus picked up Grow big and Big Bloom. Is it necessary to run cal mag already. I water with tap water that has been left out for a day so it is dechlorinated.
I've been using FF dirt and ferilizers for years now and have never had a problem. Actually I love it! I go strict by their recomended feeding schedule, except I mix only 70% of their recommended strengh. Through experimenting over several years these are the only ferts I use: FFoF organic soil, Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching.
I think it's important to understand that "less is more". I usually start adding ferts on week 3 or 3, dependent how the plants look. Don't jump the gun but watch the plant, then react. I have never used CalMag because didn't need it. If you manage to keep the wet dry cycle at maybe 3 days and fertilize less than recommended dosage(70%) you're on the right track. IDon't fertilize back to back, alternate with straight up phed water. Good luck my friend

SntWick

SntWick

Yes thank you, that’s what I’m rocking right now. I don’t have tiger bloom but jus fed them their first FF . I have OF and everything else. Haven’t seen a deficiency yet tho, some light green growth coming in but I’m guessing cause that’s the newest growth. I jus topped her on 8th mode a couple days ago.
I've been using FF dirt and ferilizers for years now and have never had a problem. Actually I love it! I go strict by their recomended feeding schedule, except I mix only 70% of their recommended strengh. Through experimenting over several years these are the only ferts I use: FFoF organic soil, Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching.
I think it's important to understand that "less is more". I usually start adding ferts on week 3 or 3, dependent how the plants look. Don't jump the gun but watch the plant, then react. I have never used CalMag because didn't need it. If you manage to keep the wet dry cycle at maybe 3 days and fertilize less than recommended dosage(70%) you're on the right track. IDon't fertilize back to back, alternate with straight up phed water. Good luck my friend

SntWick

SntWick

I always go light on the fertilizers and gradually work it up as needed. I let the leaves tell me what’s going on. A hungry plant will always eat rather then one that’s always full. That’s my idea behind it

Top Bottom