Question for Breeders on Herms

• Thread starter clown shoes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
clown shoes

clown shoes

Hey guys I was under the assumption that a herm can positively with out a doubt NEVER produce an all male plant but this morning while reading a book on breeding I came across this...

"Breeders should note that it is nearly impossible for a hermaphrodite to create male plants..."

So my question to all you breeders is...

Have any of you produced an all male plant from a herm?

smokey79

smokey79

prob no one has tryed much, as most try for females with a pollen stud as it were, also selfing plants are known to pass on this hermi trait, am head fooked with it ma man, jus skin up, n see if femd seed works if they do keep on growin n take cuttins

smokey79

smokey79

check tex kid post on this forum yep, uses silver solution

homebrew420

homebrew420

Yep. I have seen it. I had an "Arcata Wreck" variety do this. "Male" was dropping pollen and soon after he produced calyxes resin and then pollinated himself, I have 2-3 seeds. I have seen a few "males" come out of femmed packs. These are the best finds, I believe, for anyone trying to create stable lines of clone only varieties. A bit of a cheat in breeding but still works.
The male/female genetic makeup may not be as simple as that.
There are some very interesting threads on IC that shed some light, or make it more confusing regarding the "femmed seed male" conundrum.
But in short, yes they exists. And they are male, not intersex individuals.

Hope this helps

symbiote420

symbiote420

Cannabis plants don't hermie! Plants are either dioecious or monoecious ....cannabis falls in the di class of plants meaning they have male and female flowers on separate plants. To be classified a true "hermie" a plant will have to be of the monoecious class of plants, meaning plants that have separate male and female flowers on the same plant.

There is a sub species of dioecious plants, polygamo-dioecious which are plants that have flowers with male and female sexes on them but plenty of perfect flowers of the dominate sex.

It may one day be proven that this polygamo group is it's own class!

Top Bottom