Question for cigarette smokers

• Thread starter Ganjalover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ganjalover

My pal just mentioned that sometimes he gets hickups when inhaling cigarette smoke and I said that used to happen to me too before I quit that evil weed, then I said if I changed the brand I wouldnt get the hickups, and we both got them while smoking B&H.
Has anybody else expirienced the same?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
That will be from the way you are smoking. You are breathing faster and deeper, therefore hic ups would be a reasonable side effect to expect. Bit like eating to quick. Your diaphragm goes into spasm.

You could also be experiencing a mild form of asphyxiation, but I very very much doubt that!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Just found this

Tobacco use. Tobacco use may irritate the nerves that controls the diaphragm (phrenic nerves), causing hiccups.

G

Ganjalover

Cheers for that herb, but how come it seems to happen mainly with B&H?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I was gonna say, it's not the way your smoking but how much, how fast and the brand/variety. I thought the same thing herb until I quit and started the gum, which is much easier to OD on. When you, do you hiccup like a moron for a long time.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I understand, it's the variety they use or the terrible chemicals they've doused it in then. :)

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
it must be higher amounts of some chem contained with in B&H that irritates your phrenic nerve. This makes sense wit the gum thing also.

Does it happen on all B&H, ie golds, silvers etc.

420Gemmy

Doesn't happen to me but I could imagine it happening if you smoked to quickly.

Top Bottom