Question for electrical guru's about noise

• Thread starter hbstoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AvaJoe

Hello Farmers

Olyver is right on, good advise....
But before you tear it apart. "Exercise" it a little. With out the load (lights) attached (if possible) cycle it off and on several times. Also try turning the power to it off and manually cycle it by hand. In the picture above you can see the black rectangle in the middle that moves in and out with the contacts. Push it in 'n out several times. (firmly)
I have had new good contactors act like this and then work perfectly for years. (not in a grow-op)
A "technical tap" is not out of the question. With in reason!! they work but probably not in this case.
Anyway, Peace and your results may vary :cool0044:

P

pure arghan

need to a better one

I have a Cap MLC8 light controller. Whenever the thing is on it makes a loud humming noise.. not the noise it makes when the relay clicks over but like a fan that is on a speed controller kinda hum. Is this just because this controller is a POS? Its for sure coming from the controller. Its wired up 240 and im only running 2 1000w's off it , but it makes the noise without anything being pluged in. Just when the relay is on....wishing i would have just gone with nowirenuts from the start :(

sorry to till you man but it must be a cheep one, you will have to go to your local elictric holesailers and ask for a good quitty one with no nose gean, dont try to make it quiter buy putting anything around it as that could make it over heat and cath fire, you will find that when you buy a better switch your light will run a little brighter as the switch will reagalet the volts and amps much better thus making the light run more smoth and will use a little lest elictricty, hope this hellps and good luck with all your grow's :fixed:

P

pure arghan

its not the same thing

im not even close to an electrician. but i was gonna ask about your ground. my buddy owned a car audio shop and alot of times people would bring there cars in because of a hum. he charge them 200 dollars and move their ground and connect it to something differnt. again i could be way off here just thought id bring it up

in or on a car you use the ground to make the circuit, and in and around a house you have a ground but it is not part of the circuit it is there to protect you or anyone useing the light toster, the ground in a house is only used when there is a falt, it works by taking the elictricty strate to the grond rather that going thought you and killing you, if you look under your sink you will see wires atached to the pip's if there meatel this is to take the elictricty away from you, hope this hellps and good luck on all your grow's :cool0041:

Top Bottom