Question from First Time Breeder

• Thread starter KB1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KB1

I'm planning on crossing breeding Northern Lights #5 with a high CBD strain (Elixir), but I've never raised seeds before.

I understand that after I pollinate the female plant that seed production will become the priority for the plant and that I may not get as much flower production out of this plant. However, I'm wondering if I am able to isolate the flowers I pollinate how I should expect the non-pollinated flowers to be affected (e.g., will they likely have greatly reduced potency and bud size or will they still be fairly productive?). I'm hoping I can produce the seeds I want for future use from fertilizing two or three flowers, but I'm also hoping I'll still get some decent flower production from the rest of the plant.

It would be helpful to know if just pollinating a few flowers is going to greatly reduce the potency and/or the bud production of the rest of the plant. If anyone could provide insight on what I should expect to see in terms of bud production from plants that have a few flowers pollinated, it would be appreciated.

MEGA956

MEGA956

IMG 6033

This plant hermied on me my last grow, didn't notice it until I started the drying process. Buds formed pretty nice. Have plenty of S1 seeds to play with.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
A lot of the time, you can isolate your pollen to lower larf or popcorn to try and save the tops, it’s completely doable, the plant will produce seeds locally, if you pollinate the bottom, sure bud size will be reduced because of seed production in the area you pollinated. But I feel like if you are going to go that route just use a whole plant, and not worry about it. Bc chances are, you got pollen everywhere anyway.

Top Bottom