Question Need Answers

• Thread starter GoGreene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GoGreene

GoGreene

Ok so I have an Outdoor setup in FL started from seed. and I planted the last week in Feb.. Temps have been good my sunlight duration is 12/12 and getting longer each day. My girl started out real well with water and MG after consulting this forum found out that was a bad idea so I flushed and since transition to organic tom feed. my plant is a foot tall and shes starting to bloom. My first thought was oh no shes to small (short) the plant is very branchy Ive topped it twice and ive been low stress training the girl.. but anyway after reading and digging I come across autoflowering cannabis and thought maybe im just growing an autoflower strain is there anyway to tell?? I know its a good thing to start seeing preflowers and diff colas forming. But is it to soon or do I have an auto flower? I have 7 other girls that started jus 2 weeks after and I have no preflowers at all on those not even showing sex. I Just want the biggest and best quality yield. cant post any pics till later.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Ok so I have an Outdoor setup in FL started from seed. and I planted the last week in Feb.. Temps have been good my sunlight duration is 12/12 and getting longer each day. My girl started out real well with water and MG after consulting this forum found out that was a bad idea so I flushed and since transition to organic tom feed. my plant is a foot tall and shes starting to bloom. My first thought was oh no shes to small (short) the plant is very branchy Ive topped it twice and ive been low stress training the girl.. but anyway after reading and digging I come across autoflowering cannabis and thought maybe im just growing an autoflower strain is there anyway to tell?? I know its a good thing to start seeing preflowers and diff colas forming. But is it to soon or do I have an auto flower? I have 7 other girls that started jus 2 weeks after and I have no preflowers at all on those not even showing sex. I Just want the biggest and best quality yield. cant post any pics till later.
You need to put supplemental light regular cfl light bulb to make up the 6 hrs for 18/6 hrs

GoGreene

GoGreene

You need to put supplemental light regular cfl light bulb to make up the 6 hrs for 18/6 hrs

Funny I was just looking online at some bulbs does it matter the strength?? Ive read just as long as the light touches the plant that was good enough? does it need to be a "grow light" or would my porch light be enough?? its a real bright led.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Funny I was just looking online at some bulbs does it matter the strength?? Ive read just as long as the light touches the plant that was good enough? does it need to be a "grow light" or would my porch light be enough?? its a real bright led.
Put it right over the plant, 70 watt light bulb will do your porch light will work

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

If it's an auto, and right now I think it may well be, then nothing you do is going to change her flowering timeline in my limited experience. I've never grown an auto on purpose.
He said he was on a 12/12 sunlight , so now its flowering hopefully its not a auto

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

If your baby girls spot get's less then 14-15 hours per day sun in the early Spring they'll be real confused regardless the temps and think it's Autum and start flowering. Give them more light and they'll come around and be fine. You'll see some strange growth patterns likely for a few weeks but not to worry.

Make sure to always 'harden off' your babes gently ( introduce to full sun asap and gradually to the outdoors ) b4 going fully naked outside. :smoking:

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

If it's an auto, and right now I think it may well be, then nothing you do is going to change her flowering timeline in my limited experience. I've never grown an auto on purpose.

*unless it's Auto :) then just wait and see what it do..

GoGreene

GoGreene

If your baby girls spot get's less then 14-15 hours per day sun in the early Spring they'll be real confused regardless the temps and think it's Autum and start flowering. Give them more light and they'll come around and be fine. You'll see some strange growth patterns likely for a few weeks but not to worry.

Make sure to always 'harden off' your babes gently ( introduce to full sun asap and gradually to the outdoors ) b4 going fully naked outside. :smoking:

I started outdoor from seed

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Supplimental light outside in any non legal state is a bad idea, in my opinion.
I learned to grow in the FL countryside years ago.

Make sure your girls are not in the shade at all. That can cause early flowering. And some might start to flower a little , but will pull out of it by May 1st or so.
So, keep an eye out on the one that might be an auto flower, and don't over feed her.

Best of luck. Peace

N

Nog

You put the plant out too early, when the days are still too short.

It will flower and you will get about a 1/4 ounce of dried buds.
Maybe a bit less.

Also topping the plant twice before it's only a foot tall is too early, you will just slow it's growth down doing that.

Better to top when the plant is at least 2 foot tall and has an established root system and a decent amount of leaves before you top it. Then you will only set back it's growth for three days, and because it has lots of leaves left it will be able to produce heaps of energy from the sun to grow quickly.

GoGreene

GoGreene

You put the plant out too early, when the days are still too short.

It will flower and you will get about a 1/4 ounce of dried buds.
Maybe a bit less.

Also topping the plant twice before it's only a foot tall is too early, you will just slow it's growth down doing that.

Better to top when the plant is at least 2 foot tall and has an established root system and a decent amount of leaves before you top it. Then you will only set back it's growth for three days, and because it has lots of leaves left it will be able to produce heaps of energy from the sun to grow quickly.

Yea the lights not helping it the flowers are coming. so im just gonna let it do what it do with that one. I got other girls not having that issue.. No biggy. Lesson learned.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IME you did not put the seedling out too early. I honestly think it's an autoflower. I have yet to have any seed starts do that UNLESS they had auto genetics, and that did happen to me one year. I had three 4" tall plants with 2" colas. In April.

N

Nog

The OP's plant has been outdoors in less than 12 hours daylight for 5 weeks, that is ample time for a plant grown from seed to be mature enough start to flower.

Indoors I have veged seedlings for 2 1/2 weeks and then put them under a 12/12 regime and they have started to flower in 7 days.

So it's not like because they are grown from seed instead of a clone that they will be immune from flowering when the nights are long.

A seedling will be mature enough to flower at 2 weeks from germination.

And since the daylight hours where the OP is at are only at 12, and given that fact that cannabis will often be triggered to flower when the daylight hours are 13 or even 13 1/2 hours long, I would say the OP will shortly find that the rest of his plants start to flower as well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All I can say is that is not at all my experience in growing from seed, which I do every season, outside. I have yet to have a seedling that isn't an auto simply start flowering on me.

Top Bottom