Question of digi meter comparison

• Thread starter lilredwagon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lilredwagon

Hey farmers, lookin for some experiences/opinions on digital meters. I have been using a Tri-meter in one of my B-room systems, but will be placing digital meters in my veg. and mom rooms as well.
The Tri-Meter works, but seems a bit unpredictable at times. I have seen some pics of UC systems with the Hanna meter and I wonder....

So what is your favorite, and those that use Hanna, how do you like it?

lilred

E

ent

I like bluelab. I've had hanna portables not react well over time with diligent cleaning and proper storage so instead of investing in a high end Hanna I switched to Bluelab. Just my preference.

L

lilredwagon

What sort of cord length for the probes does the BlueLab offer? Tri-meter has to be located fairly near (3ft or so) the sensor locations. Have thought about cable extensions- but...

sedate

sedate

lilredwagon said:
So what is your favorite, and those that use Hanna, how do you like it?

I use the Hanna PH-200 and the Hanna COM-100 (tds) - they are both outstanding meters.

ent said:
I've had hanna portables not react well over time with diligent cleaning and proper storage so instead of investing in a high end Hanna I switched to Bluelab

After 9 months of daily use (and cleaning, natch) it still reads a perfect 1000 with the calibration solution that I bought with it . . . although you have to do a little math since I never have the stuff at 25C just sitting around.

Anyway - I think the nicer Hanna stuff looks better than Bluelab as well - if you think stuff like that looks cool that is . . . . :)

Cultiv8r

Cultiv8r

Sedate, what's with the flamboyant use of hyphens? I'm not sure if you're using them correctly.

Your last post about my punctuation has ignited a fervor in me to make sure I improve to meet your standards. Please let me know.

L

lilredwagon

Thanks for the feedback! The cord length is only an issue in my veg room where I'd like to mount the meter on a wall that is about 3 feet from the control bucket feed manifold where I mount the sensor in this system. The TriMeter has only like 3 ft of cord length.
As for accuracy, it sounds like Hannah and Blue Lab both stack up?
I'm kinda looking at the Tri in the same light as GH 3 part. The original offerings stand the test of time, but technology always produces better products with development time.

Thanks again for the input!

Top Bottom