Question On Amount Of Plants Used:

• Thread starter lbristol
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lbristol

I am germinating from seed and not using clones like a lot of the other posts here and have not figured out how many plants I should be putting in a standard 4x4 enclosure. Actually, my enclosure is 8x4, but any method of measuring would be great. Under that 8x4 I'm running three 1000w fulll spectrum LED lights, so about 90w/sq ft (realistically less as they are LED's). This will be a simple 5 gallon bucket DWC grow. Would I be wasting time with four plants using a SCROG method? Would I have a faster harvest with eight? I've read a lot about all of it and know this question has been asked countless times but again, I am talking from seedling. Is there a standard rule I can reference so as not to under or overstock my

Thanks.

Monster762

Monster762

Never done dwc but I have 3 plants in 4x4 and no room at all. It depends on how long you are going to veg. You can run maybe 15 plants but will have to flip them early. Or you can max that space wall to wall with 4 plants. It depends how you plant to do it.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I have 6 plants on a 4x8 bloom tent that is completely filled with greenery, so like Monster said, depends on how you want to grow... I like to grow my plants larger...

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I am germinating from seed and not using clones like a lot of the other posts here and have not figured out how many plants I should be putting in a standard 4x4 enclosure. Actually, my enclosure is 8x4, but any method of measuring would be great. Under that 8x4 I'm running three 1000w fulll spectrum LED lights, so about 90w/sq ft (realistically less as they are LED's). This will be a simple 5 gallon bucket DWC grow. Would I be wasting time with four plants using a SCROG method? Would I have a faster harvest with eight? I've read a lot about all of it and know this question has been asked countless times but again, I am talking from seedling. Is there a standard rule I can reference so as not to under or overstock my

Thanks.

I would just go with 4 man it's gonna get to cramped in there just make sure u are bedding those branches and forming the plants constantly to get every inch of light

Monster762

Monster762

Yup 4 for monsters
6 for 4 footers
and 15 for quick flips. Your yield will be near the same it's about cost and time effectiveness. Each plant can push out 12-16 oz or you can have 15 plants pushing 2-3 oz each max. Seeds are $10 each nowdays so I try for monsters.

L

lbristol

Yup 4 for monsters
6 for 4 footers
and 15 for quick flips. Your yield will be near the same it's about cost and time effectiveness. Each plant can push out 12-16 oz or you can have 15 plants pushing 2-3 oz each max. Seeds are $10 each nowdays so I try for monsters.

I'm growing Bubblicious and Maui Waui, Bubblicious first. My indoor tent is ~6'6" without accounting for the lights hanging. These are already stretchy strains, but thought I might not have to worry about height with SCROG. Should I be going with 4 or 6 plants in this circumstance?

Monster762

Monster762

I'm growing Bubblicious and Maui Waui, Bubblicious first. My indoor tent is ~6'6" without accounting for the lights hanging. These are already stretchy strains, but thought I might not have to worry about height with SCROG. Should I be going with 4 or 6 plants in this circumstance?
Definately 4 not 6. Scrog is going to widen them too. I never done scrog. I just bent them sideways outdoors. Indoor I have 9 ft ceiling so letting them do what they want.

L

lbristol

And my yield should stay the same regardless of number of plants as I'm focusing more on filling up the space I have available in the most efficient means possible? The seed bank I got them from speculated an average yield of 350-450g/square meter using SOG method ... I'll be just under three square meters each tent. 350-450g comes out to between 2.31 and 2.98lb ... assuming there's no scenario where I exceed that upper limit as it's directly from the bank regardless of what method I'm using?

Also, thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it.

Monster762

Monster762

4 will fill the space. I'd run( ,','
And my yield should stay the same regardless of number of plants as I'm focusing more on filling up the space I have available in the most efficient means possible? The seed bank I got them from speculated an average yield of 350-450g/square meter using SOG method ... I'll be just under three square meters each tent. 350-450g comes out to between 2.31 and 2.98lb ... assuming there's no scenario where I exceed that upper limit as it's directly from the bank regardless of what method I'm using?

Also, thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it.
yes you should be able to pull 2-3 lb in that space. I have 3 plants crammed in a 4x4 and it's possible I pull 2-3 lbs. but my strain is 550g sq meter. But I don't even go off that figure really. I go off what I see. If you train them right you can get crazy numbers. I had one outdoor that looked like a cactus. Litterally 3 huge colas from ground up. It was around 4 ft tall. I didn't weigh the results. And one cola broke when hurricane hit.

Leew421

Leew421

I run up to 16 plants on scrog in a 4x4. I have 2 4x4s in a 5x9 tent. Currently I have 16 5 gallon and 12 3 gallons in my tent. I'm switching back to 5 gallon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom