Question on carbon filters and smell ?

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hi Farm,

how long does a carbon filter last ? . reason i ask is i have done about 5 grows now with the same filter and vent the exhaust up into my roof.

This time the roof absolutely stinks like dank and its going out on the street . Im thinking the carbon filter isnt doing its job ?

should the filter get rid of the smell completely or just lessen it ?

Haize

Haize

Depends on the filter ya get honestly. I've got some that last 5 months and some that have made it 2 or 3 years.

When they're working correctly I don't notice any smell at all around the vent outflow.

I have just gotten to the point where I buy the good carbon filters, oversize a bit, and they tend to make it a couple years before I notice any smell.

Hope any of that rambling helps đź‘Ť

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hi Farm,

how long does a carbon filter last ? . reason i ask is i have done about 5 grows now with the same filter and vent the exhaust up into my roof.

This time the roof absolutely stinks like dank and its going out on the street . Im thinking the carbon filter isnt doing its job ?

I run one exhausting in to a lung room. It’s been about 6 months since I installed this one. Beginning to smell a little odor in the lung room. I’m going to change it before starting my next project in a couple weeks. They do remove the odor well but last only so long.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yeah true, my one was a eBay special I’m guessing it’s time to change it

Y

yobbocrack

i got carbon filters and only use it for end of flower i had one filter not filtering well so leave it out in the summer heat for days it improved filtering after that iv'e done it over and over save some bucks.

Ponky

Ponky

I've had one going for 3 years and you can't smell anything. Another after 2 years smells weird and sweet but not like weed. Cheap ones.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I have a 6" ac infinity filter, its been up for almost 2 years now, no smell yet. I also have a 4" filter with a 4"-6" adapter so i can run it on a 6" fan. I had it laying around and it worked for the time being, never changed it, still no smell even though it is only good for 250 cfm and the 6" ac infinity inline fan pulls like 400 cfm.

Y

yobbocrack

having spare filters is a must in the long run of growing don't wait either for them to start smelling stick it in the hot sun when you get the chance and hit the metal edging with a rubber mallet to vibrate it.

E

ET12SECOND

I have run the can 33 filters for a long time. They are more money but a hell of a lot better than any others I have tried. I decided to give the ac infinity filter a try ( I love their inline fans) The filter was cheeepp and did not last Here is a comparison for you to the larger can 33 Also I have used this style fan for my drying area to keep the smell down. It works really well as a portable filter. I use them in both my veg and flower rooms full time

ninjadip

ninjadip

Depends on the filter ya get honestly. I've got some that last 5 months and some that have made it 2 or 3 years.

When they're working correctly I don't notice any smell at all around the vent outflow.

I have just gotten to the point where I buy the good carbon filters, oversize a bit, and they tend to make it a couple years before I notice any smell.

Hope any of that rambling helps đź‘Ť
What are some of the higher end brands?
I have a 8" fan and the filters for those can get huge and costly. I'll have to get one here in a month when the babies grow up, do you have any recommendations? I would love to know what brands lasted to you years

Ponky

Ponky

What are some of the higher end brands?
I have a 8" fan and the filters for those can get huge and costly. I'll have to get one here in a month when the babies grow up, do you have any recommendations? I would love to know what brands lasted to you years

I've had this on nonstop for several years. No odor leaks. Got it on sale. For less than 200. Fan and filter.

Madmax

Madmax

Hi Farm,

Get the phresh one shayne they havs rc--48 triple activated aust carbon ..or anyone that has it in there filters..they should last 3 years on the bigger ones..unsure on the smaller ones though.rc-48 carbon has the lowest airflow drop of any fan .i wouldnt run any other..

Beazy

Beazy

I run a Phresh filter and the first one lasted 5 years and the second is going on just over 4 yrs now. 6 in filter with 4 in fan

ninjadip

ninjadip

I run a Phresh filter and the first one lasted 5 years and the second is going on just over 4 yrs now. 6 in filter with 4 in fan
Thanks.
I just checked my country's amazon and the 8" phresh is unavailable. :( The one brand that looked good on there I saw was TerraBloom
8" x 24" boasts "Airflow up to 750 CFM". Whether that is true or not, I have no idea.

Is TerraBloom a good brand for a filter? I just want something a step up from VivioSun...

Latest posts

Top Bottom