Question on flowering for experienced growers

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I’m currently on week 6 of flowering and still feeling nutrients. My question is not 1 pistil has turned brown yet and what week should they start changing colour?. How do I know when to stop nutrients and give the week of flush?

Growing in coco , have no idea of the strain or flower time for it either

Question on flowering for experienced growers
Question on flowering for experienced growers 2
Question on flowering for experienced growers 3
Question on flowering for experienced growers 4
Question on flowering for experienced growers 5
Question on flowering for experienced growers 6
Question on flowering for experienced growers 7

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I’m currently on week 6 of flowering and still feeling nutrients. My question is not 1 pistil has turned brown yet and what week should they start changing colour?. How do I know when to stop nutrients and give the week of flush?

View attachment 1269127View attachment 1269128View attachment 1269129View attachment 1269130View attachment 1269131View attachment 1269132View attachment 1269133
Looks good like said above another few weeks before you need to start looking...maybe 4 more until completely finished, they're just starting to bulk up..feed until the end just start cutting back a bit in another week - 10 days.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

You dont have to flush bro unless your giving them excessive nutrients.just reduce the feed toward the end .id say you have around 5 weeks to go so keep feeding them..
will do mate thankyou

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Looks good like said above another few weeks before you need to start looking...maybe 4 more until completely finished, they're just starting to bulk up..feed until the end just start cutting back a bit in another week - 10 days.
View attachment 1269243
thats a interesting graph

View attachment 1269127View attachment 1269128View attachment 1269129View attachment 1269130View attachment 1269131View attachment 1269132View attachment 1269133
you still have planty of time left. Even if the hair colors are changed that doesn't mean that the flowers are ready.
You gonna want to get a microscope or a jewelry loupe to get some sort of ideas.

When to harvest cannabis diagram

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

thats a interesting graph

you still have planty of time left. Even if the hair colors are changed that doesn't mean that the flowers are ready.
You gonna want to get a microscope or a jewelry loupe to get some sort of ideas.

View attachment 1269387
yeah thanks i do have the jewelers loupe and know how to check trichomes but the questioning was ive never seen any leaves go yellow before like other peoples grows. and was thinking when do i stop the nutes so it sucks the reserves out of the leaves.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

You dont have to flush bro unless your giving them excessive nutrients.just reduce the feed toward the end .id say you have around 5 weeks to go so keep feeding them..
you dont normally flush max ? . i never did last run and no one complained. do your leaves normally turn yellow towards the end or do you just keep feeding ?. Im still running 1.4ec through them now - i did get up to 1.8ec at one stage but they started to burn the tips so backed it off.

think i could of even just ran it at 1.2ec and would of been enough

PK1

PK1

Supporter
yeah thanks i do have the jewelers loupe and know how to check trichomes but the questioning was ive never seen any leaves go yellow before like other peoples grows. and was thinking when do i stop the nutes so it sucks the reserves out of the leaves.
before harvesting. You check the flowers pistles and when you notice that they are getting ready than you start lowering the nutrients.

Madmax

Madmax

you dont normally flush max ? . i never did last run and no one complained. do your leaves normally turn yellow towards the end or do you just keep feeding ?. Im still running 1.4ec through them now - i did get up to 1.8ec at one stage but they started to burn the tips so backed it off.

think i could of even just ran it at 1.2ec and would of been enough
I do.i know it dont have to.im a creature of habit haha..this time round im down to 310-350ppm and just gave the one im pulling cold water as its last drink last night lights on.i will pull it tonite or tomorrow nite..yeah i dont get fade but i dont feed over 570ppm .

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I usually do a hard dry back in week 7 going into week 8 until I start to see the leaves start to wilt. Of course, this depends on the flower time of the cultivar but usually around 3 weeks prior to expected harvest time. I notice it tends to make the flower more potent but that could just be wishful thinking/Broscience on my part. Dunno....just know that I did a comparison on 3 different hybrids and all tested higher in THC and CBD than the control plants that got watered on a regular schedule. Both used the same nutes.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I do.i know it dont have to.im a creature of habit haha..this time round im down to 310-350ppm and just gave the one im pulling cold water as its last drink last night lights on.i will pull it tonite or tomorrow nite..yeah i dont get fade but i dont feed over 570ppm .
What would that be in EC ? Around 1.0? And that’s your max you get up to in peak flowering ?

Madmax

Madmax

Bit over 1.1 ec Hanna scale. 1.0ec =500ppm. yup.. so under 1.2 is as far as i go..

I could push them if room was dialled in more but im not experienced enough yet so im quite content to just keep things simple atm..

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Bit over 1.1 ec Hanna scale. 1.0ec =500ppm. yup.. so under 1.2 is as far as i go..

I could push them if room was dialled in more but im not experienced enough yet so im quite content to just keep things simple atm..
Hanna scale is that the 500 scale or 700 on the truncheon meter ? Maybe I need to run lighter notes next time. I got to 1.8ec and got burnt tips on this one . Mind you I probably had the sf4000 too close and wow it’s powerfull even at %80 intensity

Madmax

Madmax

Yes hanna 500 bud .they are both scales on a truncheon if you use one..

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yes hanna 500 bud .they are both scales on a truncheon if you use one..
Yeah I got the truncheon and blue lab ph pen. Can’t go wrong .

My outdoor 3 plants I’m using GH TRIO micro grow bloom and only feeding atm 0.8=1.0 now. Might do what you’ve done and go max up to 1.2 in flower . Less is more and why waste nutes when you don’t have to right ?

Top Bottom