Question on large scale curing

• Thread starter EugeneTheGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EugeneTheGrower

EugeneTheGrower

Hello guys. We have whole greenhouse of cannabis. And we grow for a first time...

I've seen this amazing method.

Really inspired to implement it. Already added the parts to shopping cart, but...
I experience financial troubles right now, so maybe this would not be optimal to invest another 300$ into this...
I wonder if I could just put all my buds into few of those barrels
Question on large scale curing

One guy told me it wouldn't be a problem to do so. I, however, worry that they would simply mold, or would acquire ugly shape
What can you say on this, guys? Thanks for your expertisee

Ponky

Ponky

Buckets. Zip Zag bags and burp them. Or Rubbermaid tubs. Barrels might be too big. But just hang dry. Trim. Bag it. Buckets mean you spoil one bucket at a time. But a bucket is maybe a pound at most. A Rubbermaid tub is about 10. I vote 60 liter Rubbermaid tubs. Especially if one Rubbermaid decides to spoil. You don't lose a barrel.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I don't get it.

Sounds like you can fill a few of those barrels, maybe $20000.00 to $30000.00 worth of flower and

But spending another $300.00 to insure success on the most important part of everything you've done so far, shouldn't be a hard decision imo

growsince79

growsince79

I don't get it.

Sounds like you can fill a few of those barrels, maybe $20000.00 to $30000.00 worth of flower and

But spending another $300.00 to insure success on the most important part of everything you've done so far, shouldn't be a hard decision imo
Dollar store has all kinds of plastic totes. Get a proper dry, then trim and box. If you need scissors to trim, its not dry enough.

Ponky

Ponky

I mean would just buy a box of Husky contractor bags. Fill them up. Use the bags to cure. I mean I would prefer to just bag the stuff after it's dry and trim. Off it goes. But if you want to cure lots cheap. Couple boxes of contractors bags by Husky is like 50 bucks.

Ponky

Ponky

You can use freezer bags to cure? I never knew, I figured if you use a bag it would promote mold a lot easier then say a jar or bucket. But that’s just my 2 1/2 cents.
You can use Zip Zag freezer bags. They're made of something else. And the husky garbage bags are extra thick. They work too. Wouldn't use a regular Ziploc.

Ponky

Ponky

Yea. But with me I always think it’s dry enough but turns out I have to open the lid for them to dry a little longer. But that’s just me, I’m sure other growers are a lot more knowledgeable than me who don’t have those issues. I’m just scared of letting them dry too much and then they won’t cure.
It feels crisp. You can smoke it. But the stem doesn't snap. Then you sweat. Burp. Smoke test. Repeat. Until it's chewy and the stem snaps and it burns white. Then long term storage plan.

Ponky

Ponky

Oh and in case you have a sack that got too dry. Lost its nose. Blast a couple shots of steam in the bag to make it appear fresh and unlock the fragrance for an extra day. We use a commercial suit steamer. Keep the bag from turning to dust. In case it's around awhile.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Or, you freeze dry it and it's dry and cured in 24 hours.

growsince79

growsince79

Yea. But with me I always think it’s dry enough but turns out I have to open the lid for them to dry a little longer. But that’s just me, I’m sure other growers are a lot more knowledgeable than me who don’t have those issues. I’m just scared of letting them dry too much and then they won’t cure.
When you can trim with fingers only its dry enough it won't mold. An oz in a jar shouldn't shouldn't lose more than about half a gram curing.

EugeneTheGrower

EugeneTheGrower

Buckets. Zip Zag bags and burp them. Or Rubbermaid tubs. Barrels might be too big. But just hang dry. Trim. Bag it. Buckets mean you spoil one bucket at a time. But a bucket is maybe a pound at most. A Rubbermaid tub is about 10. I vote 60 liter Rubbermaid tubs. Especially if one Rubbermaid decides to spoil. You don't lose a barrel.
Yeah, but U understand...
We have whole fucking greenhouse. If we cure in small containers it would take 2 hrs a day just to open and close each of them.
So I guess we will choose something in the middle or fill the barrels on 1/3
I like what comfotablynumb wrote. Your just taking the same method you’d use in a ball jar and putting it in a big bucket, but you might try smaller ones in case one gets mold your not losing so much.
How do you guys think, can I ozonate them (really a little) from time to time time? Like take this system I linked and put air pump in container with ozonator for a few minutes. To prevent mold, of course. For me sounds like a good idea!

Rooke

Rooke

I use the big paper leaf bags then trim into 3 gal plastic ice cream pails from the local ice cream parlour half full then burp and rotate top to bottom monitoring rh between 60-63 % they sell the pails here for 0.50 cents with lids

Latest posts

Top Bottom