Question on led lighting during flower

• Thread starter Thumbuddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Using king plus led 1000w lights and manufacturers suggestion is to run both veg and bloom switches during early flowering period and switch to just bloom at later flowering period...depending on type of "vegetation" being grown.
What would the experienced growers suggest?
Apparently the concept is to give less light toward later end of grow to simulate further distance to sun?
New and Confused is what I am right now...on 5th wk of flowering

growsince79

growsince79

Using king plus led 1000w lights and manufacturers suggestion is to run both veg and bloom switches during early flowering period and switch to just bloom at later flowering period...depending on type of "vegetation" being grown.
What would the experienced growers suggest?
Apparently the concept is to give less light toward later end of grow to simulate further distance to sun?
New and Confused is what I am right now...on 5th wk of flowering
They need less blue end of flower. Add extra red if you can.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Both. Turn off blue and add Warm white florescent or a little hps for more red
Warm white LEDs work well too if HPS is too hot for your grow space. You can purchase those in a variety of configurations to suit your grow space.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Saw some 70w hps at home depot. Not much heat.

Sometimes, that could be just what the dr ordered ... other times, even that could be too much heat ... it really depends on the grow space.
Was trying to stay with led if possible...any suggestions on that end?

You could browse down the LED section of your local Lowes/Menards/Home depot store or equivalent and likely find something to suit your needs. Look for 3000k or warmer ( 2700k etc)

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Well,seeing as we moved away from the Metro Detroit area after retiring...not many hardware store options where I'm at,lol.
May have to help amazon make another million today...ughh.
Just worried my buds aren't getting something they need or am I just that typical "first time" parent?

20210318 223105
20210318 222514
20210318 223053
Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Heck,at this point I'd run a string of red led Christmas lights if I thought that would help,lol

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Some say to run both Veg & Bloom switches (Full spectrum) what i do is run blue during seedling than run a sperate 1000w white led with the blue for the first 2 weeks of veg than i switch both veg and bloom with the additional 1000w white light. Before i only run my burple with both veg and bloom switches on but im getting far better results with the additional white led. My friend is getting the same if not better results with a single 110W quantum light, so from what i can tell the white light seems to be superior

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Hey guys! Just curious as to which led I should upgrade to. I currently run the tsl 2000 in a 2x4. Eventually I want this to be my veg tent and i upgrade to a 4x8 flower room. What led light would you buy for a 4x8 flower room?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey guys! Just curious as to which led I should upgrade to. I currently run the tsl 2000 in a 2x4. Eventually I want this to be my veg tent and i upgrade to a 4x8 flower room. What led light would you buy for a 4x8 flower room?
The answer to that question really depends on your budget. What you have currently should work just fine for veg in the 2 x 4. 4 x 8 might require more than 1 light for proper lighting ...

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

The answer to that question really depends on your budget. What you have currently should work just fine for veg in the 2 x 4. 4 x 8 might require more than 1 light for proper lighting ...

What would you recommend for say 600-800$? Perhaps something I would need to turn down to use, that way I could use it in an even bigger upgrade one day.

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It will probably run you a bit more unless you buy your lights on Alibaba ... a minimum of 960w of quantum boards or bar style lighting using the lm301b/h diode for a 4 x 8. That would put you at exactly 30 watts per square foot.

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

It will probably run you a bit more unless you buy your lights on Alibaba ... a minimum of 960w of quantum boards or bar style lighting using the lm301b/h diode for a 4 x 8. That would put you at exactly 30 watts per square foot.

Im day 40 from seed lol. . never done any of this before. I dont even know what diodes I got or what im getting in my 2x4. I can measure lux if that helps ;)

What would you buy? Like what brand/series. I just gotta 2x4 mars kit due to it being simple. I only did about 20 hours of research and was like sure why not. Im hydro and am currently studying ppms and nutrients uptake. Learning lights isnt on my radar quite yet. . im sure ill focus alot of time studying before I upgrade

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Kingbrite/ Meijiu if you're trying to come close to the $800. I've got six 240w Kingbrite boards and for the money they have been pretty good.

Moving further up the chain on pricing would be lighting by Grower's Choice (I have the ROI-e720), HLG (Diablo is a great light) or Gavita (most expensive).

Latest posts

Top Bottom